17 replies to this topic

#1 samantha22

samantha22
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hello all, my fiancé and I are looking into an August 2015 wedding and originally planned on Gran Carribe Real in Cancun. We fell in love with the chapel over looking the ocean but I'm sure we shouldn't base our wedding location on just the chapel.  However, I have heard many great reviews on Playa Del Carmen so if any of you can give me some reviews/opinions on any great locations at Playa del Carmen or your thoughts of Gran Carribe Real in Cancun I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

When you say locations in PDC - what are you thinking about? There are quite a few resorts very close to Playa but the Gran Porto Real does the same as Gran Caribe and does a chapel package. The chapel is, I think, on 5th Avenue in Playa. Or there are other private sites like Grand Coral beach club or Blue Venado. Are you looking specifically for churches/chapels? There are quite a few in PDC.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 iWeddingMexico

iWeddingMexico
  • Insiders
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hi!

The only real chapel in Playa del Carmen with an ocean view is the one of 5th Avenue, but it is pretty small so keep that in mind. That being said, there ARE some very romantic and large Chapels in the center of the city that you could consider however would not be ocean view. 

If you are interested in more info let me know and I will be happy to help!

Happy Planning!

iWedding Mexico takes the stress out of wedding planning! Always available and ready to help you achieve your dream wedding in paradise!

iWedding Mexico, Playa del Carmen
    daniela@iweddingmexico.com
    http://www.iweddingmexico.com

xoxoxo

#4 samantha22

samantha22
    • 19 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Thank you ladies! I appreciate the feed back. Ideally, I want a catholic wedding but at this point I just want the wedding to be at Playa del Carmen. I know we will not be disappointed with the location. I will look into that chapel, thank you girls. 

#5 shelikespink

shelikespink
    • 80 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Mexico
    • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

I love Playacar Palace! If my guest list wasn't so big I would have chosen that resort. It's walking distance (like 5 mins I think) to PDC.

#6 Khryniw14

Khryniw14
    • 15 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Mexico
    • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

congratulations!!!

#7 samantha22

samantha22
    • 19 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

So I met with the travel agent today, and she told me Grand Porto which is next door to the Royal at PDC would benefit us better since we have kids in our wedding.  I fell in love with the St. Francis of Assisi Chapel in Xcaret Park.  Now, my question is, how far is the Grand Porto from this chapel? And also, where else can we have our venue at other than La Isla Restaurant? My good friend had her venue there back in November, it looks like a beautiful place but I don't want to copy her, lol.  

I have heard good things about Playacar as well. Thank you! :-)

Hello, yes, I am very interested in the St. Francis of Assisi chapel in Xcaret Park.  I just don't want to have my venue at La Isla Restaurant because a good friend of mine just had hers there in November.  Any suggestions of other venues near that chapel?

#8 maredith

maredith
    • 94 posts
      • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Congrats! I am also currently debating whether to stay in cancun or PDC, for different reasons. Lol this process is so difficult!

#9 linaco80

linaco80
      • 264 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Congrats, we went for a scouting trip and visite 12 resorts in May 2014. We went to Playacar (Palace chain) I fell in love with that resort, the down of that was that the min requirement for the contract was 5 nights and you cannot obligate your guests to stay 5 nights when the average contract equires 3 nights.

We also loved Gran Porto Real, ery very classy BUT I hated the rocky beach.

If you are still hesitating I would recommend you a weekend visit :)

Congrats and happy planning :)

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
        event.png
        [/url]

#10 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

I am staying at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya which is about 25 mins from PDC and it has a chapel on the resort. Not sure if it is oceanview as I am not using it, but the pics are beautiful. Good luck!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users