Traveling With Faux Flowers To Playa Del Carmen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lydiasusi

lydiasusi
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am pretty set on having faux flowers at my wedding, seeing that they cost cheaper and look just the same.  

I wanted to know from anyone with experience, or anyone traveling with faux flowers, how are you intending on packing them without damaging their shape?  Carry on? Packing?

I have a few things that I'm bringing (or more than a few) including small empty bottles and maybe some tin cans.  Are these to be carried on the plane WITH my dress as well?

It's pretty much the only thing I have anxiety about at the moment :) ........I got 11 more months to worry about other things 

Thank you!!! 

#2 NotSoWitty

NotSoWitty
    • 40 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'm planning on having a carry-on case with everything I NEED so my dress, headpiece and bouquet. I'm thinking of putting my bouquet in a shoebox in my case, however I haven't even started to make it so I have no idea whether that's practical! I've also just changed my mind about my dress and am considering bringing one that will be much harder to pack so it could be fun in a few months!

Hopefully you'll get a few more sensible ideas than mine!

#3 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
      • LocationNJ

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

I brought 6 pomander balls, 3 bouquets , leis, and a bunch of orchid heads as a carry on in a duffle bag and they were perfectly fine.

#4 NixSpade

NixSpade
      • 162 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 28, 2017
      • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
      • LocationToronto, On

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

I was thinking about having all my extras shipped down to my FIL's place before hand, OR packing everything in boxes. The airlines will take boxes as long as they are in the weight limit. 

#5 maredith

maredith
      • 94 posts
        • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

I was apart of a bridal party and the bride had us all bring our own faux flower bouquets ourselves. She made them herself and put them in a Rubbermaid thing from the dollar store. I was able to stuff some extra things in the container!

#6 bkprettygirl

bkprettygirl
        • 122 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

thats a good idea too.  I will ask others to help :)

#7 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
        • 462 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

yeah i feel like if others help it would be better

#8 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

From friends who have gone to destination weddings they said the bride and groom spread out what they needed to bring among their guests haha. One person would take a vase, another one the flowers, etc. That way no one was over the weight limit. 

I was thinking of putting those things in a plastic container and taking them with me as carry on. 

event.png

#9 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
        • 161 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hey @lydiasusi, I am thinking about doing the same with faux flowers considering the cost savings!  Any stores/sites you can share where you are looking?

Oh, and I definitely plan on asking our guests to help with packing some of our items  :)

#10 lydiasusi

lydiasusi
        • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hey @lydiasusi, I am thinking about doing the same with faux flowers considering the cost savings!  Any stores/sites you can share where you are looking?

Oh, and I definitely plan on asking our guests to help with packing some of our items  :)

MICHAEL'S!!!!

I went there a few months back, and they were having an AMAZING sale on them!!! Selected flowers and succulents were at $1.99-$2.99 a piece!!! I recommend them for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users