Photo

To Those Who Think Destination Weddings Are Selfish

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FromLV

FromLV
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

We heard it many times that destination weddings are selfish. However, there is only one chance in your whole entire live to have the wedding and even if you somehow get married again, it wouldn't be the same. I believe that it's the guests who complain about destination wedding are the one being SELFISH because they want what most comfortable for them and are willing ruin your only day and memories for their comfort. They don't care if you look back at your wedding and REGRET because you don't have the wedding you want. If someone who is important to me getting married, I don't care how much it would cost me to be there. IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY!! It's just that they don't think we're important enough for them to give up their comfort to be there for us....

Edited by FromLV, 29 June 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Tatimrivera

Tatimrivera
    • 156 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hi I completely share your frustration. My fiance and I decided we were going to have a destination wedding 4 years ago and have worked diligently to make this dream come true. While planning for our upcoming wedding we have had several people not agree with our decision (mostly family). I feel personally I have sacrificed a lot for my family and friends and if people can not do the same then that's one less person we have to pay for lol
    Good Luck :)

#3 helenk

helenk
    • 268 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

We haven't really gotten backlash from people saying we're selfish, but rather people asking why we're not having a wedding in the states. Once I tell them we can't afford it and how much cheaper a destination wedding is, they quickly shut up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 atennille

atennille
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Yes I have heard this too, but the people who mean the most will be there.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users