3 replies to this topic

#1 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Hey all! We decided to not have a bridal party as he has too many brothers and friends and I do not have enough girls! And also because I don't want to add extra costs for them since they're already paying for their travel.

Now I'm stuck on if I should have a color theme? I know my resort includes a bouquet for me and flowers for the arch for the ceremony. So I want to match any extra decorative things I may bring to the colors in the flowers.

I am going to go with the tropical bouquet and the info I got was that it includes pink or red ginger lilies, red/pink/peach/ivory anthuriums, heliconias (it doesn't specify the color but when I googled this flower most of the pics were reddish orange, pink torch ginger, birth of paradise (googled this too and it's yellow/orange), and daisies if I want.

HELP!

It sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woops hit create before I finished! Lol.

Sounds like pink or orange/yellow might be good colors to stick with for any extra decor I will bring. I'm going to try to find a picture of the bouquet they include to get a better idea.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hi! We aren't doing a bridal party either! Like you said, I don't want to put extra costs on people already coming to Jamaica and also it limits the amount of coordination on my end as well - which is kind of my whole point of doing a destination wedding! I'm still planning to use a color theme for our website, invites, etc. but I don't plan to be super strict about it at the actual wedding. If my bouquet is pinks and reds I'd be fine with that - or I'd just go all white. I won't do special chair sashes or anything - again, just seems like a lot of work that I don't have the patience for :)

For colors, I think I'm going to do like navy and teal and tan - reminiscent of the colors of the ocean, sand and sky! 

#3 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

@beckys98 yea I'm not sure if I'll bring extra decor, I'll see how I feel lol. I'm pretty laid back with the whole planning process, just want it to look nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 NixSpade

NixSpade
  • 162 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 28, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
  • LocationToronto, On

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

We are having a bridal party, but like you guys not sure about decor, I did choose a colour palate for our invites and such. I am a little A type when planning. 

Edited by NixSpade, 01 July 2014 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users