Photo

Newbie Planning A Wedding In May 2015

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Tracy989

Tracy989
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Hi Everyone,  I've been on the hunt for a resort in the Riviera Maya for the past two weeks and have been getting stressed because we can't settle on one.  I was so glad when I came across this site yesterday.  I have been reading everyones reviews for different resorts that we are considering.  I will probably be sending direct messages to people with questions.. I hope thats okay.  

Hi Shopia, i'm newbie too here. I think You can start with travel agent :)

Happy Planning

#12 gonzaloNunez

gonzaloNunez
    • Insiders
    • 227 posts
      • LocationMexico

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hola Sophia!

welcome to the forum.

I am starting to upload some venues here:

http://www.gonzalonunez.com/venues/

may be can be of some help for you.

happy planning!

Gonzalo

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
      Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

#13 Sne

Sne
      • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

After much research, we decided on Marina el Cid....I think they only hold one wedding per day, so that was nice. My sister went there before and she said it is a really nice resort. Our planner has been helpful through the process as well....

Prior to deciding on El Cid, we were looking at the NOW resorts, but they hold 3 weddings per day and they kept getting booked in the time we were emailing back & forth with the resort. They were quick to respond, but the locations we wanted (Tequilla Deck) was not available on the date we selected.  

Other helpful suggestions would be check out weddingwire.com; they have a list of hotels in Cancun area that have some helpful ratings as well.

Edited by Sne, 04 September 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#14 spjwedding

spjwedding
        • 157 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
        • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Welcome and think about a wedding planner, best money we ever spent!

#15 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCanada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

Definitely talk with a travel agent. There are a lot of resorts that don't have reviews on here but that are absolutely stunning and have a very good wedding department. They do have forum threads about them but just no reviews, one of them being the one we are staying at. You might find what you're looking for. They can also help you narrow it down based on your budget and what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#16 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
        • 150 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
        • LocationDominican

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hi Everyone,  I've been on the hunt for a resort in the Riviera Maya for the past two weeks and have been getting stressed because we can't settle on one.  I was so glad when I came across this site yesterday.  I have been reading everyones reviews for different resorts that we are considering.  I will probably be sending direct messages to people with questions.. I hope thats okay.  

You've come to the right place to looking for ideas and advice! Happy Planning!

#17 ckv4cpc

ckv4cpc
        • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hi Sophia congrats on your wedding. My date is 05/15/15 and I'm getting married at Barcelo maya palace deluxe. Let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users