Booked My Date! I'm A Palace Bride

I'm in Canada and most of our packages are for one week so that's fine with me!

The only thing that concerns me at Playacar is that it's a small resort and could get booked up before all my guests book... and I've heard the beach has a lot of randoms on it during the wedding ceremonies!

Oh yea. I don't see that bothering me. A friend of mine had a beach wedding here in the states and it was really random but extremely beautiful. It was on a public beach with plenty of sunbathers. Everyone was respectful and turned their chairs around to face the ceremony. It was a show for them and they clapped and whistled with us. I guess unless your resort has a private beach that's the only way around it. When I Stayed At RIU IN December The Beaches Were Packed So I'm NOTE Sure How They Will Set Up For Weddings

• 1 month later...

Congratulations. We are looking at Moon Palace for May 2016. We are based in UK and I have spoken to Virgin and I can't book through them until November, I'm a bit worried I might not be able to get the date I want.

Does anyone have any ideas of cost of harpist and mariachi band etc? I have been emailing Ofelia who has been very helpful but has said she can only get that info when you have booked.

Congrats on your upcoming dw, TheBHolders, and welcome to our forum community!!! you've picked a very picturesque place for your wedding venue, that will provide some amazing photo backdrops, as seen here......

10483088_10152547024479487_5379294460584

10557172_10152547027479487_5104312295933

...with more at the album link here: Playacar Palace Wedding Album     all the best with your plans!!! team MTM :)

Thanks everyone, we actually switched about 2 weeks ago to Moon Palace. I really like the photo ops that Playacar provides, but overall Moon will be better for our guests and family. We love Playa del Carmen and we can have our famiy vacation at Playacar later. 

TheBHolders congratulations!! did you get the date you wanted at Moon Palace? I'm just wondering if they have started to get very booked up already. We really want 26.05.16 but it isn't released to our TA until October / November.

Have they given you a list of extras that are available?

@@Elsmum we were able to get the date we wanted but the beach wasn't available originally for our date and time. I requested a 6pm ceremony on the beach and the latest they had available that day was 4 and the next day the latest they had available was 2. To me, I kind of feel that we need a beach ceremony since were doing a destination wedding, but I looked at peoples ceremony pictures and youtube videos on the beach and I was not really impressed with it, plus the horse and carriage rides were a bit awkward for beach setups. So, I opted with a gazebo, it gives us some shade with the ocean background, I can wear shoes, and have a dramatic entrance with the horse and carriage. I also considered the chapel, but the cost was $860 so we decided to pass on that. We are also planning for a ballroom reception (AC, privacy, and no time limit for the party). Cocktail and welcome party on one of the terraces.

I contacted the resort directly and just relayed information to my travel agent. 

I plan to go for a site visit next week, the wedding coordinator sent me an email with extras and their prices. I am still going to consider outside vendors. I like to make sure were getting the best for our money.

@@TheBHolders Thanks for getting back to me, your plans sound great, I like hearing everyone else's ideas.

I might ring my TA tomorrow and see if it is possible to do it that way too, really worried I won't get the 26th May which would've been my Nans birthday. I am hoping for a beach wedding - there does seem to be a lot of mention about seaweed though!

If you don't mind would it be possible to email me the extras? If it's ok, my email address is rosepluck@hotmail.com.

Thanks again for getting back to me. Good luck for the rest of your planning.

• Like 1