secrets playa mujeres

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 ginnyc

ginnyc
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Playa Mujeres

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

I've never been but from what I have read while researching, it is not the turquoise blue water you would see on the Cancun hotel zone. The water is more greenish blue in Playa Mujeres but does seem to be much more calm than the hotel zone. Sometimes there can be seagrass but assuming the resort does a good job raking and cleaning, it shouldn't be a problem. Can't control mother nature so no worries. To get a better idea of the beach conditions, check out photos on Tripadvisor for Excellence Playa Mujeres or The Beloved Hotel. They are on the same strip of beach.

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who chose a resort that is not open yet. My date is April 19, 2015. The wedding coordinator, Claudia Cantillo, has been pleasant to work with so far. She used to be the WC at Dreams Cancun. <-discovered that on this forum. Happy planning Megwade!

#12 FutureMrsAllison

FutureMrsAllison
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Playa Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hey Meg - Congratulations! You have great taste in resorts... how do I know? I booked the same Secrets Playa Mujeres property and we are getting married the same week as you. Heading there May 3 - 10, 2015 and our wedding is on May 7th. What day is your wedding? The resort looks gorgeous and my travel agent had nothing but great things to say about it and Secrets in general. PM is a very exclusive area and should be more private then a resort right in Cancun. Best of luck with the planning - we should keep in touch to compare notes as we go through the process! Who knows maybe I'll see you there! :)

#13 jennifernoel1

jennifernoel1
  • 179 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay
  • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Congrats

#14 megwade

megwade
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2015
  • LocationPlaya Mujeres MEXICO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hey Meg - Congratulations! You have great taste in resorts... how do I know? I booked the same Secrets Playa Mujeres property and we are getting married the same week as you. Heading there May 3 - 10, 2015 and our wedding is on May 7th. What day is your wedding? The resort looks gorgeous and my travel agent had nothing but great things to say about it and Secrets in general. PM is a very exclusive area and should be more private then a resort right in Cancun. Best of luck with the planning - we should keep in touch to compare notes as we go through the process! Who knows maybe I'll see you there! :)

HEY!! OMG this is exciting! We are travelling the exact same time.  Where are you travelling from? We should definately keep in touch and help each other with planning/ideas!! 

#15 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Wow it looks like another gorgeous Secrets property!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#16 nschaffer

nschaffer
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hi girls.  I am just about to book May 3rd for my wedding at Secrets Playa Mujeres!  Scared to book a resort that I can't read reviews about but it is Secrets so it has to be nice, right?  Feeling a little worried about what people are writing about the beach...

Nicki

#17 megwade

megwade
    • 9 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 5, 2015
    • LocationPlaya Mujeres MEXICO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

Definitely do it!!

#18 spjwedding

spjwedding
    • 157 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
    • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Congrats! All I know is the property is beside the excellence playa mujeres so lok at their beach photos to get an idea of the seaweed situation. Everyone there cleans the beach I've heard so shouldn't really be an issue. We love secrets resorts!

#19 puravida2015

puravida2015
    • 210 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Congrats ladies! I booked at a new Dreams property and it's not opening until Nov 2014 as well.  So I'm in the same boat as  you with not having any idea how the wedding will be since it's not opened yet. But I'm sure everything will work out and be beautiful.

#20 latillo7

latillo7
    • 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 4, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, MX

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

@rvalenka I am also getting married at Secrets Maroma next September! I would love love love details when you get back!! I dont know anyone else who has gotten married there and I am dying for information. It would be so helpful if you could keep in touch with your details and pictures  Thanks!! Enjoy and have a great time!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users