• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danielleandryan2015

danielleandryan2015
  • 100 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
  • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Wondering how you count for kids for food, etc. Do you count them as a half person, so 2 kids equals one adult serving? Or just count them as a whole person to be safe? Not sure how to plan for food when looking at caterers and things. Obviously I would rather have too much than not enough, but don't want to go way overboard! What do you do?

#2 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

Wondering how you count for kids for food, etc. Do you count them as a half person, so 2 kids equals one adult serving? Or just count them as a whole person to be safe? Not sure how to plan for food when looking at caterers and things. Obviously I would rather have too much than not enough, but don't want to go way overboard! What do you do?

Hey Danielle, 

In the Riviera Maya usually caterers would offer a kids meal at a kids price.  You should check with your caterer on your options.

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#3 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
    • 186 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'm in the process of planning my AHR too and am also wondering how to plan for kids. We have many friends/family with small kids so I know they don't eat as much as an adult. We are planning buffet style vs sit down dinner. Any recommendations on how to count people for the AHR for the caterer?

#4 danielleandryan2015

danielleandryan2015
    • 100 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
    • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

@Rainmaker  We will also be doing a buffet style. I spoke with a couple caterers and also the owner of the reception hall and they both agreed that a good rule of thumb is to plan for 2.5 people per invitation. So if you send out 100 invites, plan for 250 people since some people will not come and some people will have more than 2 guests per family, etc. In my opinion this seems a little high, considering some will not come? And especially with kids included. I'm not sure but Imay just double the number of invites and plan that way?

#5 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
    • 186 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have a spreadsheet that shows how many people are on each invitation and how many kids they have. We are sending out about 60 invitations but many are out of state so we know they won't come.

#6 jennifernoel1

jennifernoel1
    • 179 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay
    • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Kids are counted per perso,

Most DW hotesl treat kids just like the airelines under 2 years old free. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users