• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angelsj247

angelsj247
  • 43 posts
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

As im sitting outside in 79 degree weather in my bikini im starting to think getting married on a beach when the typical high is 87 in september im starting to think this was a bad idea and i just might die in my dress! Lol. For brides who have gone, when and really was it that hot and unbarable?!

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Oh that's a fun question! We were married in Jamaica on October 20th at 1pm. Yes it was hot. In fact I wasn't careful and I have sunburn strap marks in our pictures. But where we got married was right down at the edge of the beach in a gazebo overlooking the water, and there was a wonderful breeze that blew through our whole ceremony. The pictures have my dress blowing in the breeze, and even walking down the pathway, it blew behind me the whole way down! lol So yes it was hot, but there was enough of a breeze that we were completely comfortable.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 IGstarfish

IGstarfish
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Hot and humid in June. I got married at 4pm and yes, it was hot, and yes my legs were sweating under my dress, but the ceremony was so beautiful and I was caught up in the moment and excitement...that the heat didnt bother me.

#4 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Oh god help me. I am getting married in April in DR and the ceremony is at 2pm. I tried to get later in the day but couldn't. I think I am going to suffer with heat.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users