Can I coordinate what guests wear!??!?!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

I only had 14 guests & knew them all well enough to know that they'd go along with my plan. In my invitations and on my website I stated "We are going for a 'white wedding' look so please consider wearing dressy beach attire in shades of white and khaki". Everyone did.

#12 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

maybe tell them that you are considering them part of your wedding party. seems like a nice touch.

#13 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, Morgan that is a good idea that I think everyone would respond favorably to.

#14 Allaballa

• 113 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Its really hard to say if its too much to ask or not unless you know how the people will react.

I would never dream of asking my guests to wear certain colours as that would not go over well with quite a few individuals that are coming to my wedding (mainly family). My friends on the other hand would think the whole thing is great hoot and would go along with it. I actually think half my girlfiends would buy matching outfits and pretend they are secondary bridesmaids.

So I think you know best if its too much or not to request such co-ordination from your guests.

#15 shannon

• 772 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:48 PM

Thanks so much guys-- I think I'm going for it... If people get annoyed, then they can wear whatever-or just have a few more drinks at the AI bar and I'm sure that'd help! :)----

I think I'll put in there since we are having a small wedding and everything invited is special to us, we consider all of our guests to be part of our official wedding party- with that, it'd be great if everyone can wear dressy beach attire in shades of white, khaki, blue, red or yellow... If a guests wants to wear orange or black -we'll just stick them in back of pix- hehe :) Thanks again everyone! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users