Just Got Married At The Riu Palace, Cabo San Lucas 04/26/14

@@moethomas8 Thanks for writing the review! It's been super helpful, and now I'm reconsidering Riu Palace for the 50th time! :) Would you email me some pictures, too? I don't have enough post either shaworth81@@gmail.com

@@moethomas8 Thank you so much for all of the amazing information!! I am a May 2015 bride too @@stephbono I have yet to decide on a location so I am trying to do so ASAP. Have you decided on your location?

@@moethomas8 Can you please send me your pictures as well. I too am new to this site and do not have 150 posts yet.. I am sure I will soon though=D.  shaynaraey@@gmail.com.

Also, is there anything you would change or do differently???

Thanks again for all your help!  

Soooo happy I found this site! :) 

@@soon2BHammel719, what a great question....I think in hindsight, I would have had my hair done at the salon on sight as opposed to going to Susan Morel.  I also would have gotten the 5 hour photograpy package as opposed to the 3 hour.  I would not have changed the location or time of my ceremony and reception.  Those were both perfection.

• 1 month later...

moethomas8

You are so thoughtful in helping others!

My son is getting married at the Santa Fe Sep 2015! We just visited there in May and chose the spot! They are having a tough time deciding on a reception location because of all the additional fees. Did you find it difficult to pick what you wanted without viewing them all, and via emailing back n forth? 

The prices and packages get kind of confusing.

I'm guessing they will have about 60 guest.

I'd love to ask you all more questions if thats ok?

• 2 weeks later...

@@beachdremr...Sorry to say that despite the close proximity, I have never actually visited the Riu Santa Fe so I can't give an opinion about that hotel.  I would say to inquire with the planner what would  be the best place for your size group and budget and trust that they won't steer your wrong.  Sorry I couldn't be more help!

@Dportbride-We had 40 guests, we choose the middle package (which includes 20 people) and paid the extra $21 per person. I believe the price was $1800 plus $21X20! :) .

@MelissaH113-I had my own agenda made and printed prior to my arrival. It included information about the welcome reception, resort activities, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and brunch the next day. I included the agenda with my welcome bags.

Edited by moethomas8

@@MelissaH113.  We had our ceremony at 6 at the Gazebo.  This was the latest ceremony they offered, but i'm sure with daylight savings time....the 4 p.m. ceremony that you will be having is similar.  Our reception I believe began at 7 at the San Jose Terrace (mexican restaurant).  The guests went straight over to the reception area since it was literally right next to the ceremony while we took pictures.  The pictures took a lot longer than I scheduled for, and we actually had to cut the pictures short because I didn't want the guests waiting for us any longer.  We probably arrived at the reception around 8ish but the guests didn't mind because they were drinking and socializing.

That being said, I think that the time gap that you have is actually perfect for pictures...it's just a matter of deciding what your guests will do during that time frame.  You can arrange to have a cocktail hour on the beach (which you will have to pay for) or you can direct them to the main bar until a certain time (which is what a lot of people do according to the wedding coordinator) or you can have them go to your reception area early and just hang out there, if your reception area is private and set up already like ours was.  You should discuss these ideas with the WC to determine the best option for you.  But I do believe that you picked the best time...especially for picture taking purposes!  Congrats!!!