• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rizzoroxx

rizzoroxx
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 1, 2016
  • Wedding Location:TBD

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hey there! I really want to do a destination wedding but my folks are insisting that I should have a catholic wedding ceremony. Based on my research, I have found Gran Caribe Real as one of my options. I've looked into Xcaret weddings as well. I've contacted TAs already just waiting on their response. Anybody have any suggestions on other places that offer catholic ceremonies or have experienced weddings at GCR? Please let me know, a brief review of the resorts such as their food and services would be great! Thanks so much! 

#2 Lorena Jaimes

Lorena Jaimes
  • 20 posts
    • LocationCancun Quintana Roo Mexico

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

@rizzoroxx - You have many options for a Catholic ceremony in the Cancun & Riviera Maya area. 

The first option is to have it all at the hotel that has a chapel. Gran Caribe, Moon Palace, Valentin Imperial Maya, Dreams Tulum would be our top picks from our experiences.

Your other option is to pick any hotel you wish and hold the Ceremony at one of the many wonderful churches we have in the area. Nuestra Senora Del Carmen in Playa or another in Puerto Morelos called Iglesia de San Jose There is also a private chapel next too Maroma beach ! 

You can also have an offsite location for your ceremony for after the Church or go back to the hotel. 

Lots of options. Perhaps looking through the forums you can find some help or contact one of the many wedding coordinators that live here and makes things easy on yourself !

Best of luck in your planning !

#3 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

If you're looking at a Real resort, there is also Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen that is apprently right down the street from a catholic chapel in PDC! And of course the Real resorts list the option of a catholic chapel in their wedding package designs so you could build it right in as you design your package.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hey there! I really want to do a destination wedding but my folks are insisting that I should have a catholic wedding ceremony. Based on my research, I have found Gran Caribe Real as one of my options. I've looked into Xcaret weddings as well. I've contacted TAs already just waiting on their response. Anybody have any suggestions on other places that offer catholic ceremonies or have experienced weddings at GCR? Please let me know, a brief review of the resorts such as their food and services would be great! Thanks so much! 

Hey rizzoroxx,

As wedding planners in the Riviera Maya, here is our advice, You have nothing to worry about its so common for brides to have their catholic ceremony at the church on 5th avenue and then go back to the hotel for the reception or take it to an off resort location.

See below links of catholic ceremonies we had a fun time planning for our past brides

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
      weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
      http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
      Joyce

#5 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Joyce has great advice, rizzoroxx - hope you find all the answers from the vast array of resources here.

This is one of the magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc caught recently at The Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding showing this wedding couple's Catholic ceremony....to inspire you.....enjoy!

10438417_10152443963689487_4142329497186

all the best with your plans, cheers! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6 stefnani

stefnani
        • 6 posts
        • Wedding Location:Playa del Carmen

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

In short, I have done similar research

Grab Caribe Real
        Moon Palace Cancun
        Dreams Tulum
        Grand Pallidium Kantenah
        Barcelo Maya Palace
        Riu Palace Rivera Maya
        Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
        Valentin Imperial Maya
        Xcaret Park
        Amarte Maroma Beach (not all inclusive)

Hope this helps!

#7 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
        • 332 posts
        • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
        • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

My recommendation would be to have a catholic service at one of the churches on 5th in playa del Carmen. I think that there are a few. That would be really cool! Just a thought!

#8 iWeddingMexico

iWeddingMexico
        • Insiders
        • 36 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

There are 3 gorgeous chapels in Playa del Carmen, different sizes and styles. All great options!

iWedding Mexico takes the stress out of wedding planning! Always available and ready to help you achieve your dream wedding in paradise!

iWedding Mexico, Playa del Carmen
          daniela@iweddingmexico.com
          http://www.iweddingmexico.com

xoxoxo

#9 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:26 AM

HOla Rizzoroxx... yep, happy to help w/ our 2 cents worth.   This is a common question, and since many people ask about churches, we have put together a list.  

YES,  we have many suggestions :)  Actually we prepared a list of hotels / venues with chapels and wrote about them here, all organized w/ photos and links to actual real weddings. 

Since wedding planning IS VERY VISUAL, and your likely thousands of miles away, hope this helps.

http://delsolphotogr...wedding-venues/

Top-Ten-Riviera-Maya-Church-Wedding-Venu

Evelyn-Logan_JE_W_0742.jpg

#10 sgleba25

sgleba25
            • 5 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Playa del Carmen, Mexico
            • LocationNew York

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

Hi! I am actually having a Catholic wedding at the chapel on 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen on October 10 this year! It was definitely difficult to plan it, but I am beyond grateful that we dediced to do it! If you need any advice, let me know and I would be more than willing to help you!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: catholicwedding, Mexico, Cancun Riviera Maya, 2016 Brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users