• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tarynh86

• 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
  • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

For those who did OOT bags, how did you hand them out? Did you give them out ahead of time? At the airport? Did you ship them?

#2 Lynsey92714

• 49 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 27, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • LocationRIU palace

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

I was wondering the same thing....

#3 strwbsprkl

• 373 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

I think I am handing mine out during our welcome bonfire. just set them up on a table. since everyone will be there.

#4 Chrysta

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

My fiancé and I have talked about this a lot....the resort charges $4.00 to have them in the room when our guests arrive. I have also heard that some resorts will hand them to the guests when they check in. My fiancé thinks its important to have them waiting for our guests in their room since they are spending thousands of dollars to come make memories with us......I am still a little iffy about it......but I will let him win this battle =0)

#5 BusyBee280

• 109 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 15, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

We decided to give them to everyone before the trip- I'm including travel itinerary arrangements and things of that nature. All of my guests will be arriving on different days etc.

#6 BarbaraBusybee

• 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexican Carnival Cruise

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

We are giving them at the on board reception.

#7 Tatimrivera

• 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

I am having the resort place the bags in the guest room before they arrive for a fee :) I think it is nice to have the bags there on arrival. But I also attended a wedding that gave the bags the day after the wedding at brunch as a "thank you for coming gift"
Good Luck :)

#8 danielleandryan2015

• 100 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
  • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

I am planning to just pack ours and take them with us. Then we will have a "welcome" party, meeting up at one of the bars and hand them out on the first day, which will be the day before our wedding.

#9 vanessav53

• Site Supporter
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I paid the $4/bag to have the delivered to each room. I thought since people were spending all this money and time to come the least I could do was have the bag waiting for them. Our welcome BBQ was on Friday PM and most guests arrived Wed so I didn't want to wait to give them to welcome bag since most were leaving sunday AM. I wanted them to use everything I put in the bag and it was so fun to see everyone walking around the resort using all the stuff ( including the bags) It was worth the $$ to have them waiting for them or to have them handed out when the check-in. I think it went a long way with our guests

#10 NixSpade

• 162 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 28, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
    • LocationToronto, On

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'm going to talk to FI about having them waiting in the rooms. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users