• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#61 alwalters625

alwalters625
  • 57 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Some of the pics without the chair sashes look great so I'm starting to think no chair sashes also. I probably am going to splurge on some flowers though...was going to do a dyi for the bridesmaids bouquets but the fresh tropical flower ones look so great. Is anyone else getting the divine package? Are you adding a photographer ?

I am getting the divine package as well, and I am bringing my own photographer as a guest. I'm up in the air about centerpieces still, I am thinking we are only going to have 20-25 people so paying the resort for centerpieces for 2-3 tables does not seem like that as big of an issue, I may still DIY though, I am just worried about glass breaking in transit!!

#62 Sandygray88

Sandygray88
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 18, 2015

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

I read some suggestions to get some nice vases( maybe plastic) fill with sand/ shells...and have the bridesmaids put their bouquets in for the reception as table decorations.

#63 Cwright

Cwright
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Coral seems to be a hot colour! We're doing coral, teal and mint with gold accent (I believe!).

The more I look online, the more I simplify my decor.  I'm thinking 2-3 pillar candles in the middle, surrounded by some sort of wood wreath (or dark brown twine) with fake flowers in our colours.  Then maybe little shells on the table and candle favours for each guest (lit so they are part of the decor).

I'm thinking now I won't do any chair sashes at all.

Your wedding plans sound dreamy!!! I would have loved the fountain but didn't want to tie ourselves into the $1500 charge for the extra decor - without the plank I'm not sure how it would go and I wasn't risking it.  Castaways would have been amazing, but the $3000 isn't in our budget for it!

Hi @KAT2015!

I also cannot justify paying $1500 to walk across the platform.  I saw a few youtube videos with brides walking beside the fountain so that is what I am going to do!!  Castaways is expensive but we have a friend that is coming that will do our photography so we will save there!  I am not a very crafty person so I am still thinking about decorations- yours sound beautiful though!!

#64 alwalters625

alwalters625
    • 57 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 22, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hey all,
    I don't know if anyone else is still figuring out centerpieces but I emailed my wedding coordinator pictures of floating candle bowls like this http://www.save-on-c...m/lilybowl.html and she said they had them for 20 dollars each. So I am just going to do that and bring my own candles/sea glass beads etc. That way I don't have to transport glass, but I am not paying an arm and a leg for centerpieces!

#65 astawarz

astawarz
    • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hello,

I am getting married at Now Larimar in May 2015. I find that my costs are adding up!! Anyone planning there wedding now? or have had there wedding there recently?

Does anyone know if for the cocktail hour after the ceremony if there is any music included? or suggest how long is resonable between ceremony and reception?

Thank you!

#66 DR2015

DR2015
      • 150 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar Punta Cana, Dom. Rep.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

@astawarz

Hello! My wedding is also May, well May 1 to be exact and I as well soon found my cost to be far exceeding our initial budget.

There Is no music included for the cocktail hour. You can add an iPod, band,DJ, etc for an additional cost of course. We added a band for $300.

Hope this helps :)
      May 01, 2015- complete!! 73 guests+bride & groom! Now Larimar Punta Cana!

#67 JYINGLI1

JYINGLI1
      • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

@JYINGLI1

I am getting married on May 21st of 2015, and I am very interested in sharing decorations!

@Cwright

I apologize for the delayed response, but I have not been on here lately. My wedding day is May 7th and I'm doing my own centerpieces and aisle decor. I'm going to pack as much as possible. My colors are shades of purple. I'm going for a more elegant but simple looks. My bridesmaids are wearing eggplant purple dresses, but I'm decorating with different shades of purple. I've purchased lavender, purple, and cream flowers with accents of green. They are silk flower which look pretty realistic. I also purchased lavender and silver sequin table runners and different votives and submersible lights that I may add some accents to. I'm trying to find mercury glass vases for the flowers (but might opt to DIY with plastic containers so they travel better). If you are serious about sharing any of the decor, I would be happy to make arrangements and leave when I can there. Just let me know!!

Thanks,
        Jamie

#68 RebeLight

RebeLight
        • 20 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
        • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar, Punta Cana
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

@Cwright Can you please post links to the YouTube videos with brides walking down the side of the fountain? I've been trying to picture it. $1500 for the wooden plank is crazy!

#69 Cwright

Cwright
        • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

@RebeLight Hope this helps! I think it looks really nice!

@Cwright

I apologize for the delayed response, but I have not been on here lately. My wedding day is May 7th and I'm doing my own centerpieces and aisle decor. I'm going to pack as much as possible. My colors are shades of purple. I'm going for a more elegant but simple looks. My bridesmaids are wearing eggplant purple dresses, but I'm decorating with different shades of purple. I've purchased lavender, purple, and cream flowers with accents of green. They are silk flower which look pretty realistic. I also purchased lavender and silver sequin table runners and different votives and submersible lights that I may add some accents to. I'm trying to find mercury glass vases for the flowers (but might opt to DIY with plastic containers so they travel better). If you are serious about sharing any of the decor, I would be happy to make arrangements and leave when I can there. Just let me know!!

Thanks,
          Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Sorry I have not been on here in a while either!  I think I am going to stick with corals and oranges.  My mother in law wants to help with the decorations.  I did think of doing purples and teals for a little bit. Purple does sound beautiful!! Do you have any pictures you could send me of what you are thinking? Thanks so much!

Christine

Edited by Cwright, 23 November 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#70 RebeLight

RebeLight
          • 20 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
          • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar, Punta Cana
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

@Cwright Thank you! That definitely helps to see it! I would love the wooden plank so I can walk down the middle the whole way but it's way too expensive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users