Now Larimar - 2015

Anyone have any issue booking the spa for hair/makeup?  I've emailed twice now but have not gotten a reply...

Thanks!

When I booked mine they responded the very next day. The email address I used was spa1.serpc@secretsresorts.com They might be a little slower answering due to the holidays, but they were always quick responding when I emailed them. You could maybe let your wedding coordinator know that you are having trouble getting a hold of the spa and she can probably help connect you with them.

Anyone have any issue booking the spa for hair/makeup?  I've emailed twice now but have not gotten a reply...

Thanks!

I tried to book the bridal suite back in September and they told me it had to be done 1-2 months before the actual ceremony which I think is silly.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone planned a group excursion off-site as part of their wedding week?  We've been on a few before (catamaran tours), loved them, but have never tried to book for 47 people...  Any recommendations for companies, if you booked before you went or just waited to book in the lobby the first or second day etc???

Thanks!

Dana  

@@kosrae89 Thank you again for answering all of our questions! Hopefully we're not annoying you too much! ;)

One more thing I just thought of...do you do a rehearsal of the ceremony the day before so everyone knows where to go, etc?

I tried to book the bridal suite back in September and they told me it had to be done 1-2 months before the actual ceremony which I think is silly.

They let me book the bridal suite in May 2014 for my Dec 2014 wedding. They did make me wait 2-3 months before the wedding to make the hair/makeup appointments though. Not sure if they have changed that policy or not, but that's what I did.

@@kosrae89, Where did you purchase your chair sashes from?

I purchased my chair sashes on ebay. The seller's name was ewsos-mallI was able to get 50 sashes for only $17.99 plus $9.99 shipping. That came out to about 56 cents per sash.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone planned a group excursion off-site as part of their wedding week?  We've been on a few before (catamaran tours), loved them, but have never tried to book for 47 people...  Any recommendations for companies, if you booked before you went or just waited to book in the lobby the first or second day etc???

Thanks!

Dana  

We planned one group excursion down there. It was a boating/fishing trip. You can try and book ahead of time, but it is also pretty easy to book when you are down there. There is an Amstar desk in the lobby and they set up tours/excursions and can help you.

@@kosrae89 Thank you again for answering all of our questions! Hopefully we're not annoying you too much! ;)

One more thing I just thought of...do you do a rehearsal of the ceremony the day before so everyone knows where to go, etc?

I am so happy to help, your questions are definitely not annoying me, please ask away! I would love to help everyone have as wonderful a wedding day as I did!

You can ask your wedding coordinator to do a rehearsal. They didn't have us decide on the time until we got down there and met with her for the first time. We did not know what to expect as far as the rehearsal when we went, but it mostly consisted of running through the moving pieces. She showed us where to line up and when each person should start walking. It was mostly just going over the logistical pieces of the ceremony, since the minister is not actually there to go over any of the script parts. We requested to have our rehearsal around the same time of day as our actual ceremony, so we could get an idea of how the lighting and the heat was at that time of day, to know what to expect for the wedding.

Edited by kosrae89

Hello ladies,

I just got engaged on New Years day and I'm starting to plan our wedding. Now Larimar seems to be a great wedding spot! Thanks ladies for taking the time to provide so much information (especially @kosrae89 )!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether it is do-able for my guests to pay max $1500 per person for an all inclusive at Now Larimar in late Nov. Prices right now seem to be hovering around $1600-$1700. My friends are all either having babies and/or buying a new house, so I don't want it to be too expensive for my guests to attend our wedding.

Thanks in advance for your time and replies :)

Hello ladies,

I just got engaged on New Years day and I'm starting to plan our wedding. Now Larimar seems to be a great wedding spot! Thanks ladies for taking the time to provide so much information (especially @kosrae89 )!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether it is do-able for my guests to pay max $1500 per person for an all inclusive at Now Larimar in late Nov. Prices right now seem to be hovering around $1600-$1700. My friends are all either having babies and/or buying a new house, so I don't want it to be too expensive for my guests to attend our wedding.

Congratulations on your engagement!

They were able to get us a discounted group rate and reserve a room block for us. The prices I have were for Dec 2014, so the prices might have changed somewhat, and it obviously depends on the number of nights and the number of people in a room, but with our group rate for 2 people for 7 nights it was $1428 deluxe garden view, $1512 deluxe tropical view, $1778 deluxe ocean view, $1918 preferred club deluxe tropical view, and $2254 preferred club ocean view. That includes everything (except airfare) including transfers back and forth to the airport. There was also a 3G promotion going on at the time where if you book 5 rooms you get the 6th free (based on double occupancy in lowest booked room category), and we ended up getting almost $2000 back from the resort for the rooms that we had booked in our room block. We were able to use this to help pay for one of our relative's rooms that may not have been able to come otherwise. With the extra money you could either use it on your own room, use it on someone elses, or distribute it among all the rooms. The promotion was a little confusing to understand how it was calculated, but VIP helped us figure it out and make sure we got everything we were supposed to. Not sure if that promotion is still going on or not, but every little bit helps!

We had never really worked with a travel agent before and they specializes in destination weddings. They made everything really easy for us and it was also nice because guests could just book through them and they handled everything, it was great. There services are absolutely free and in addition to their help with the planning, you get a lot of cool benefits like free beach bags for each room and free save the date postcards, etc. Sorry, I sound like a sales person, but they definitely made our lives so much easier during the planning process. :)

Edited by TammyWright

Hello ladies,

Congratulations. I think that $1500 is reasonable, but you get the best deal when you do a lot of leg work. I was in the same boat with not wanting to make my guests spend too much.

I was able to get prices of $1155 (5 nights in the deluxe garden view room) this also includes the flights from Pittsburgh. We went through a travel agent who used apple to get the room (which also have a promotion running of buy 5 rooms get 1 free - you have to pay the sales tax only). Our agent went directly through US airways to get the flights for $535. The $1155 includes absolutely everything (except for the airline baggage fees $15) which I think is a super reasonable price for 5 nights. We will likely get 3 free rooms (~$3,000), so we will take that in the form of a check and use it to help our guests out.

A few other guests and ourselves are doing 7 nights (on a direct charted flight also booked through apple) for $1445. This is an amazing price for everything (the charters do not charge for baggage, so this truly is the all inclusive price!!

While these are good prices, I have had to do a lot of work to push for better prices. If you're willing to do a lot of the work upfront and search for promotions you can definitely find good rates. Our wedding is in May, so these are exceptionally good prices for a May wedding / stay.

Good luck!!

Jamie