Photo

Marriage License Needed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hls140

hls140
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

Hi girls--important last minute question here....

We had our civil ceremony last week and leave at the wee hours of the morning tomorrow for our wedding (yay!) this Saturday in Puerto Vallarta. We did the ceremony first here in the states so we could avoid the stress and running around down in Mexico.

Anyway.....we're having a spiritual ceremony by the beach down in PV with a minister and everything, but I just wasn't sure if we needed to have our marriage license for any reason. Did any of you go this route--civil ceremony in the states followed by marriage/spiritual ceremony in Mexico? Did you need the license for anything?

Thanks so much!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:14 AM

I went that route and for our spiritual ceremony the marriage license was not needed. I did take a photocopy for the resort, however, because they required proof of recent marriage before they would set up the honeymoon perks. I stayed at Dreams.

You're leaving tomorrow!!!! Have a blast!!!

#3 hls140

hls140
      • 102 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Okay, great, thank you!! So the minister doesn't have to sign it or anything. I'll be making a photocopy right now : )

Yep, leaving at 2 a.m. with like a million suitcases....here's to getting the green light : )

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

Nope the minister doesn't sign it because the Mexico ceremony isn't legal (even though it will feel more real than the other!). I'll cross my fingers that you get the green light! We got the red light and they did go through everything but it was quick and they let us go without having to pay anything extra.

Best wishes :o)

#5 Dbell

Dbell
          • 455 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

Safe travels and good luck!! We all hope all works out well and can't wait to see the pics upon your return!!

#6 hls140

hls140
            • 102 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the well wishes--will post photos as soon as I get them...and figure out how to do that : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users