15 replies to this topic

#11 kmk2016

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

I found that booking through sites like Expedia are much cheaper then booking through a T.A. or the hotel directly.

Generally speaking this not true for Canadian brides who's all inclusive vacations are very different than US as ours are built by your operators and include flight, accommodation and transfers. Prices are normally the lowest as soon as they are released by your operators and then go up as travel dates approach. Then 90 days out they start to lower their prices to fill the plane since it's a charter and it flies regardless of whether it's full or has 10 people aboard. Great for getting last minute rooms for vacations... But not to great for weddings!

#12 hyoungquist

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

I didn't know that....definitely not great for brides :( @kmk2016

#13 Nybride525

• 229 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Ugh I'm so frustrated bc we booked and several guests did too...but now jade has started an offer for the groups to get 6th room free every 5 booked...but since the guests who booked did a price match it's not valid for them...almost left the travel agent in tears as we would have saved at least 2500 with the already booked rooms....now I'm praying they offer a kids free package during our vaca time cuz I can rebook mine and it would save about 2000

#14 mariak

• 53 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know the rules around the price drop? My TA is talking about the price drop only applying if there are enough rooms and seats available at the time of the drop.

#15 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

It really changes if you are a US or Canadian bride as the suppliers have very different rules.

Does anyone know the rules around the price drop? My TA is talking about the price drop only applying if there are enough rooms and seats available at the time of the drop.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#16 veryvalentine

• 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'm excited to see the price drop too !! 

So far our price for JUne 2015 has not dropped at all..but I imagine it won't until after the new year.  June is such a cheap time to travel.

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users