Photo

What Is A Good Timeline For Sending Invites?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

I just got an e-vite from my travel agent with all the info for people to start reserving their seats. I have to e-mail them out today or tomorrow. The guests have 90 days to put down a deposit (I'm telling them 80 for all the procrastinators out there). The e-vite says that a formal invitation will follow. My question is, how soon should I send the formal invitations? I am working on them already as they are DIY but is it still too soon if the wedding won't be until August 2015? Or do people need their invites sooner because it is a destination wedding? We're not putting a lot of information on them, other than the ceremony info, but they have our website where everything else will be. 

event.png

#2 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

As soon as I had the dates and resort info down, I sent out e-vites that linked to my wedding website. The formal invitations can wait (or even skip?!) as the main goal here is to get the info out as soon as possible so that your guests have the most notice you can give them.

I will send out formal invites to my at home reception, which will go out 5-6 months before the event. :)

#3 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

that's a good idea! oh man, i'm still working on that website! And I should be sending these out like, tomorrow bahah.

event.png

#4 ASmooth

ASmooth
  • 39 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

I sent out my save the dates 11-12 months in advance with my wedding website listed on it.  All the info is on the website but im still going to send out formal invites at maybe 7 months.  My resort needs a definitive head count and they also need to know what people will be eating for the reception :unsure:

I know some websites have RSVP available on the site but i have too many people who aren't computer savy for that so i need to send out invites.

#5 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
  • 373 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

i am sending out the save the date next month our wedding is july 4 2015 and the invites in january just finished the website so excited!!!!

#6 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

i am sending out the save the date next month our wedding is july 4 2015 and the invites in january just finished the website so excited!!!!

My website is "done" although I seem to keep making changes here and there haha. I need to stop but I guess it's the procrastinator in me! People can see it already but I keep adding things. I did gave them a warning that I'd be updating it as I go so to keep checking back lol. We will be sending our invites probably in the middle of July right in time for our Aug 19 deposit deadline. So it would all be a year before the wedding :) and then I can start the real planning. 

event.png

#7 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Mine officially went in the mail today! Our deadline is September 22... And the RSVP/booking stress begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 hdm116

hdm116
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I sent out the save the date as soon as we booked the hotel, and then sent out invites 4 months in advance giving everyone who hadn't booked yet, 2 months to book or rsvp. there is still a month left after that before the deadline, I wanted to make sure there was enough time so i wasn't rushing to round up people!

#9 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Ok, so I think i'm in pretty good shape. Time to start making the envelopes today. I'm so excited! I'll post pictures of my DIY invites soon. 

event.png

#10 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
    • 194 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
    • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Our final payments are due on October 15, so making the RSVP on the formal invites the same. To Prevent too many dates to remember. So should I send invites out 4 months before October or the actual wedding date ? I was thinking the end of August. Then people won't forget with all the summer fun going on and be more organized. Really I know who is coming and who isn't already.....

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users