20 replies to this topic

#1 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

So my plan for OOT "bags" is fairly simple! I am getting tumbler cups because anyone whos ever been to Cuba knows that the little cups they give you just aren't good enough! You end up carrying one in each hand! So i figured some nice cups would be key

Attached File  il_570xN.554812953_l651.jpg   17.98KB   3 downloads

This is what i was thinking for guests [personalized to us obviously] and this for wedding party...

Attached File  il_570xN.482471034_9n75.jpg   59.44KB   2 downloads

I LOVE these cups and you get to design them for what type of dresses your girls are wearing. I think the tuxes are pretty generic.

Instead of having a bag i would like to fill the cups with things just looking for ideas some i already have are:

Band aids

Advil/ Tylenol  

that's it! i suck lol keep in mind i don't want anything to heavy or pricey! 

il_570xN.554812953_l651.jpg

il_570xN.482471034_9n75.jpg

#2 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Sorry to be so ignorant, but I;ve been wondering like crazy! What does OOT stand for?!?

Also great idea on cups! Those tiny plastic ones at the resort are the worst!

Maybe for the care package part those little re-hydration sachets, or Emergen-C sachets. Reload on the electrolytes!! And lip balm with SPF :)

#3 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

@nikkicraig10 Out Of Town :) and those are great ideas thank you! I was also thinking maybe sunglasses...but trying to find them cheap enough!

#4 keezy

keezy
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

OMG, love those!!! Where did you get them??

#5 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

@keezy i found them both on ETSY they have sooo many awesome things on there!

https://www.etsy.com...ref=favs_view_7

https://www.etsy.com...ef=favs_view_24

#6 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

@SamanthaC - oooooooohh! That makes so much sense, haha!

Sunglasses would be cute! Probably the cheapest would be the plastic colourful "rayban" style - there's all sorts on etsy and some shops offer little custom decals to put on the sides.

Do you give the OOT bags out before the trip (like at the airport?)? Or do you take them all down in your own luggage and distribute there?

#7 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

@nikkicraig10 I am not 100% sure but i am planning on giving them out once we get there i think the Air Port would be to hectic! Just one more thing to pack!

#8 keezy

keezy
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Will def be ordering these!! @ SamanthaC have you placed your order yet?

#9 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

@keezy No not yet! our deposit date is the end of June and I am not 100% sure on number yet! So i wanna make sure i get enough and not way to many! I pretty much know there will be 6 in the wedding party[this includes flower girl and ring bearer] + my FI and I so i could place my order on those! I think i have just had so many drop out that I am nervous to spend the money and have more drop out so once deposits are in i will place my order :)

#10 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hi ladies. Just an FYI -there are a couple of other places to get the tumblers that may save a bit of money. Dollar tree sells them for $1 each last I heard and the quality is great. You can also design your own waterproof labels and just stick them onto the tumlbers. There is a place called Davet Designs - here's the link www.davetdesigns.com . The sticker prices are really good. For the tumblers there is also http://www.discountm...inted-tumblers/  A few brides on here have used this site. It depends on how many you need but every little bit helps.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users