• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 dedra27

dedra27
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hollisandsteph
    I just thought of something. Does anyone have photos of the different wedding sites? The coordinator says she cannot give any photos of those due to privacy issues.
    hollisandsteph-
    No, I haven't seen any pictures of the wedding sites either. I wish there was someone who's already been married there who would post some pics! :)

#32 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

I have pictures of the wedding sites as well. I will try to upload them a little later today. I think there may be more sites than the ones I have been given, but we'll definitely see once we get there.

I plan to upload these in the Sandals thread, so look for them there!

#33 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

I am apart of another message board and a lot of the brides there are talking about buying thier pictures Ala Carte and then buying the picture CD. I was having trouble getting ahold of my wedding planner so I called into the main Sandals number and spoke to someone one the phone there. She told me they were not supposed to tell us we can order the CD but we can. It is
        $200. SO if you Order 24 ala carte picture you get 48 negitives. When my wedding planner did get back to me she denied being able to do this (she was just doing her job). I have spoken to a couple of different ladies who have infact done the ala cart and ordered the negitives so I am going to bank on being able to do this. Also, I am not sure if everyone knows this or not but you have to have everything paid for 30 days prior to the wedding. This includes pictures, extra flowers, extra decorations, the food, hair and make up. No one had mentioned this to me from Sandals. I learned it through other brides so I thought i would pass that on too.

#34 sohappy

sohappy
        • 260 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hi,

Not a Sandals bride but I did stay at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and loved it. I booked a room on the manor side and upgraded to the ocean side of the resort which I felt was a lot nicer. I saw the plantation and wasn't impressed but thats me. The hotel photogs are great!

I think Grande Ocho Rios is a great place to have the wedding but I recommend Sandals Dunn River for the two of you to stay at. Its very romantic and intimate.

#35 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
            I just thought of something. Does anyone have photos of the different wedding sites? The coordinator says she cannot give any photos of those due to privacy issues.
            I posted pictures of the different wedding sites in a new thread under Sandals and Couples

#36 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by IrieBride08
            Ok, finally getting around to posting those promised pics. These are a few that the WC sent me to give me an example of the resort photography. (They are from the SGOR resort.) They actually look very nice...

Click the image to open in full size.

ok, not to be mean but the only good pic is the first one...the other 2 are awkward.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#37 howiegirl

howiegirl
            • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

The flower catalog prices aren't really too bad - to get great looking bouquets here in the US, the price would be around the same. The bouquets are also looking great.

#38 dedra27

dedra27
              • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
                I am apart of another message board and a lot of the brides there are talking about buying thier pictures Ala Carte and then buying the picture CD. I was having trouble getting ahold of my wedding planner so I called into the main Sandals number and spoke to someone one the phone there. She told me they were not supposed to tell us we can order the CD but we can. It is
                $200. SO if you Order 24 ala carte picture you get 48 negitives. When my wedding planner did get back to me she denied being able to do this (she was just doing her job). I have spoken to a couple of different ladies who have infact done the ala cart and ordered the negitives so I am going to bank on being able to do this. Also, I am not sure if everyone knows this or not but you have to have everything paid for 30 days prior to the wedding. This includes pictures, extra flowers, extra decorations, the food, hair and make up. No one had mentioned this to me from Sandals. I learned it through other brides so I thought i would pass that on too.
                What is the other message board you were talking about?

#39 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                • 419 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

Wedding Planning - Wedding Dresses - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Website
                  There seems to be quite a bit of Sandals brides on there. Infact, someone posted a link to this site and that is how I ended up here. Once you get into the site, go to community and then message boards. Have fun!

#40 Lila

Lila
                  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

i just love this post, i too am a sandles bride, jamaica we havent picked the location just yet we are leaning towards ocho rios. This post has been great help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users