Sign in to follow this  
jmhein

Hair Appts at the Riu Ocho Rios - Renova Spa

It cost me $52 to have all my hair curled (no washing) and then my bangs pinned to the side and some hair at the top pinned as well. This price included the 10% discount. This applies for the brides only.

My sister didn't have her hair curled and it cost her $30 to have it pinned to the side and a bit on the top.

It's a little pricey and they do everything REALLY slow so be sure to give yourself some time. The stylists arrive at 8:30am. I booked on Monday and my wedding was on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipse22 View Post
It cost me $52 to have all my hair curled (no washing) and then my bangs pinned to the side and some hair at the top pinned as well. This price included the 10% discount. This applies for the brides only.

My sister didn't have her hair curled and it cost her $30 to have it pinned to the side and a bit on the top.

It's a little pricey and they do everything REALLY slow so be sure to give yourself some time. The stylists arrive at 8:30am. I booked on Monday and my wedding was on Wednesday.

$52, wow! i got quoted $110 US after the 10% discount! for my mom and MOHs i got quoted $94 each after the 5% discount!!!! what the hell? haha

This was all via email with Paula from Renova though...I might just wait til I get there to reserve and get prices for what I'm actually getting done.

I did a hair trial here and took a bunch of pics. When I went to book on the Monday at the Spa I brought the pics and then asked them how much. I'm sure it's all different once you get there.

Again..make sure you have enough time ;-)

Thanks for the heads up wink.gif

My wedding is at 2pm so I'm gonna see if they can come up to my room at 10am to get started. I think that should be enough time.....if they're not late of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipse22 View Post

That is a great price. I had the price list and thought it was gonna be close 140 for hair. I am still in debate whether it will be half up or all the way up. I am gonna book my appt's when I arrive. My hair trial is being done here by my hairdresser so I will also have pics for them. I am just hoping they will be able to copy what she does...she is pretty good!

According to the price list, the bride's hairstyle is $65-$100 US (+16.5% tax). I have long THICK wavy hair. My hair prices are always on the higher end so I am planning for the $100 range (or more :S)

I've been told as soon as you tell them its for a wedding the prices go up. Telling them its for a "special occasion/dinner/outing" keeps the price more realistic. Not sure if there is any truth to that though.