I plan on sending STDs in March for my May 2016 wedding. Everyone will pretty much know our plans by then. How do you tell people when the deposit will be due?

I let my travel agent do all the work :-) When they call her, she gives them all the details. I'd say about 50% of guests though know through word of mouth when payments are due.

We are telling everyone in our official invitation (not doing save the dates) going out in July. On the invites there is an RSVP deadline that's the deposit deadline. (I'm doing boarding pass invites and the third pass/page is booking information). We also have a wedding website that has pricing and more info on the whole process about deposits etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did it all by e-mail as it was a short time (2 months) from when we booked and when our guests had to have the deposit down. To put your deposit down was all on internet anyways. We will send out our invitations with more information 6 months before wedding. We also have a wedding website where people will find all the information. I wouldn't even call it an invitation as they have already confirmed by deposit. Ours is a "see you in Mexico" kind of thing..