How Many Bridesmaids Do You Have?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 fashionleader

• 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

I will have 6 bridesmaids,for they are all my good friends!

Wisehsbridal.com- the professional online shop for wedding dresses,mother of bride dresses,prom dresses and so on.

Wishesbridal will make the the dresses as you wish.

#42 maredith

• 94 posts
      • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

10 bridesmaids for me! My husband has a huge family and wants to choose everyone lol and i am stuck cuz I have no one :( I don't know how I'll pick em

#43 stefadile

• 192 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
      • LocationIreland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

I have 1 moh ( my big sister) and 1 bridesmaid and my Fi's niece is a flower girl. My fi has his 3 brothers as his groomsmen/ bestman. We're an uneven number, doesn't bother me.

#44 Sara1603

• 216 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

I only have a maid of honor No bridesmaids.

#45 MissJen3

• 257 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
        • LocationToronto area

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Ive been struggling with the idea of not even having a BP. How far ahead of the wedding is an appropriate time to ask people to be in your BP(if we have one)?

#46 kmk2016

• Moderators
        • 1,468 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Ive been struggling with the idea of not even having a BP. How far ahead of the wedding is an appropriate time to ask people to be in your BP(if we have one)?

If you are simply going to ask a guest who is already booked and confirmed as attending your wedding to stand up for you and wear something simple, then I think it's ok to wait until 3-6 months out from the wedding, however if you are wanting to ask someone specific I would let them know as far in advance as possible to allow them the time to save money for attending you DW. Also dresses can take anywhere from 4-6+ months to deliver/alter so you would want to leave time for this if it was important. It would be the financial impact of asking someone last minute to travel for my wedding that made me want to make sure I talked to "my girls" early enough to make it more manageable for them to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 MJTK

• 213 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
        • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

I have 4 girls 4 guys. ..had 5 of each but one guy and one gal backed out which I knew they would because we are having destination wedding and I knew they wouldn't save money despite them saying they would. ..gave them 2 yrs notice lok..but I'm happy with my 4 each...better symmetry for pics ;)
        Like many of you I had troubles picking because I had so many but my fiancé is bad at keeping in touch with his friends but he manage to come up with enough ;)
        worst case scenario we would of went with an uneven number...its destination I'd say anything goes..

#48 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Depends!   The dresses I ordered my ladies take 14 weeks to come in (nuts right?) and with alterations and such, we will be right on time for my January wedding.  I ordered them in mid July.

Well, this was a sore spot for me.

When we got engaged and decided on a wedding location, date, etc. my fiance got so excited he just went and asked 3 people to be in his party.

That left me having to find 3 and it was tough.  I was always of the mind set I was NOT asking anyone to be in my bridal party until I knew they could come to the wedding.  I didn't want anyone to feel pressure to go if they could not afford it, etc.

I ended up with 2, and my 3rd option isn't coming.  I have 2 sisters, so I wasn't sure what to do.  In the end 1 said yes and 1 said no so it all worked out.

Phew, so 3 bridesmaids for me :)

My son will be the ring bearer and my daughter the flower girl!!  they are super excited.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 26 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#49 jeffandrobyn

• 227 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

I am having a best friend as my MOH, and two future sister-in-laws as bridesmaids, plus the daughter of a very good friend as a flower girl. I'm not thrilled about asking one of the sister-in-laws (she's the wife of my fiance's brother) but it's the right thing to do so Im sucking it up.

#50 nattiegams325

• 228 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

After lots of discussions with my fiance, we decided to go with a MoH (my sister), BM (his best friend), flower girl, and ring bearer (my cutie pie cousins). It's easier this way, and I was having a moral dilemma over asking my girlfriends to pay even more when they are shelling out considerable $$ to join me on my special day. This also saves us money (bridal party gifts) and stress/time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users