52 replies to this topic

#11 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

@kmk2016 - LOVE this!!! I don't think I'd open it. Maybe I'll get one for my sister just as a keepsake!

@McGee2Be - yup.  he's weird LOL.  He makes friends but is awful about keeping in touch. He was in the military so that made it worse.  Unless his friends/classmates were stationed with him, he disappears. The Best Man has been friends with him since middle school and the ONLY reason they are still in touch is because he (Best Man) makes the effort to do so.  He's the same way with family.  He struggled to list 20 people friends/family combined.   I'm like your fiance re symmetry.  I'd be ok if it was a slight mismatch (4 girls 3 guys or something like that) but since it'd be 4.5 I just opted to stick with my sister & niece. 

Edited by girlinthecity97, 30 May 2014 - 02:48 PM.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#12 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

I originally had 7... That turned to 9.

My sister, my 2 cousins, his 2 sisters, and 4 best friends. I plan on asking them to be bridesmaids for Christmas by sending them a care package.

Whoa! That's a lot!!
    I just have a maid of honor that's it... Mind you it's a smaller wedding .. I feel that if I asked one cousin, I would have to ask alllll my cousins so I just chose my closest friend who's been very involved in my relationship as my support system.

Congrats!!
    Using Tapatalk

#13 CierraG

CierraG
    • 17 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 22, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

@Nybride525 I have 3.. originally had 4 so uneven bridesmaids to groomsmen since he has 4.. is that a big deal?? we had a few people that couldn't make the trip that we would want in our wedding party.. 

#14 Nybride525

Nybride525
    • 229 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

I like the idea of it being equal but at this point know it's not going to happen so i think it will be ok in the end

Jamie

#15 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
    • 88 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
    • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Cute idea with the care package!!

I have 5 and my fiance has 5. We didn't originally plan to have even numbers, as I have 2 MOHs but he ended up picking a 5th. I personally wish I had less, but I guess I am lucky to have so many close friends in my life. I have no idea what to get them for gifts when the time comes though!

#16 rvalenka

rvalenka
    • 353 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

I have two bridesmaids and a "man of honor"
    We wanted to keep it small and considered only doing one a piece but I'm happy with three!
    Although we each have 1 who hasn't booked yet. Fingers crossed they will soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 keezy

keezy
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I originally had 4, now down to 2. Two of them cxld on me couple wks ago. Have asked 2 other friends to replace them but both have said its not within their budget to come..*Sigh*

#18 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
    • 90 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

I originally had 4, now down to 2. Two of them cxld on me couple wks ago. Have asked 2 other friends to replace them but both have said its not within their budget to come..*Sigh*

That sucks.... Well a smaller wedding party means u can funnel that money on something else
      Using Tapatalk

#19 BusyBee280

BusyBee280
      • 109 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

I just have my MoH, we are having a small wedding though. It seems silly to have a large wedding party when we have a total of 15 people, including us! Lol

#20 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
      • 90 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

I just have my MoH, we are having a small wedding though. It seems silly to have a large wedding party when we have a total of 15 people, including us! Lol

yeah we are 22... Small too lol
        Using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users