#1 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I originally had 7... That turned to 9.

My sister, my 2 cousins, his 2 sisters, and 4 best friends. I plan on asking them to be bridesmaids for Christmas by sending them a care package.

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#2 McGee2Be

McGee2Be
  • 29 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium White Sands
  • LocationEdmonton, AB Canada

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

@TheBHolders Awe I love the care package idea! I've seen so many cute ones on pinterest and wanted to do that but ended up blurting it out to everone out of excitment haha. I started off with 3, which turned into 5! The guilt of not asking some friends got to me :P

#3 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Lol yes that guilt is strong. I love the cigar boxes I've seen on Pinterest. I was thinking of decorating child shoe boxes (I have a toddler). I got a deal on vista print and ordered "bridesmaid" light keychains, sticky notes, pens, I am also going to add a tealight Yankee candle (12 pack on sale for Memorial Day for $5) I'm also buying extra to use for the wedding. I'm waiting for a groupon deal for The Body Shop I am going to get them bar soap. Along with hand sanitizers from bath and body works. Actually scratch the shoe box I will put the stuff in gift bags and give/mail it to them. I also have "bridesmaid" labels that can go on the bags. I will post pics when my project is completed. I also ordered bridesmaid invitations with a little poem. I plan for this to be their christmas gift.

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#4 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

I have 4 girls and a "man of honor" who has been my BFF for 25 years. I asked them all with bottles of wine that popped the question. (Personalized labels)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

@TheBHolders - what a cute idea (re care packages).  Fortunately (and unfortunately) I just have 1.5 bridesmaids LOL.  My sister is my Matron of Honor and my 10 year old niece is going to be a jr bridesmaid since she's too big to be a flower girl.  My fiance only has a Best Man so that's how my "envisioned 4" turned to 1.5.  I didn't do anything fancy because they were there when he proposed.  

My sister & I made a pact years ago to be each others Maid/Matron of Honor and my niece has been hinting strongly about being a flower girl.  I surprised her when I said well, I guess this means you can't be a flower girl since I'd like you to be a jr. bridesmaid. :) 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#6 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

That's cute. The wine bottles are a really great idea... (Adding to my list) I am on the more frugal side. My fiancé has 6 groomsmen... So were quite uneven. His youngest sister will be 18 so I'm counting her as a JR bridesmaid

event.png

#7 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401486003.136682.jpg   139.3KB   5 downloads
This is the wine labels I did (etsy)... But with black label and pink/white writing. The girls all loved them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ASAtobe

ASAtobe
  • 75 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun Mexico

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

I have 3 but trying to decide on one more. My cousin/best friend is staying at a different resort. I don't really want to ask her because she won't be able to do the things that I want her to do. She is only staying at a different resort because its like a 80 dollar price difference which I don't think is a big deal since she still have to pay the fee for the pass to come to the wedding but its her vacation so I can't dictate what she has to do! I just don't want to ask her when she lives 7 hours away from me and she won't even be at the hotel with me during the wedding. I kind of feel like its pointless!

I made collages of pictures of us on Shutterfly and wrote will you be my bridesmaid on them and mailed them in a pretty picture frame!

Edited by ASAtobe, 30 May 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#9 McGee2Be

McGee2Be
  • 29 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium White Sands
  • LocationEdmonton, AB Canada

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

@TheBHolders sounds amazing, would love to see pictures, great idea turning it into a Christmas present!

@girlinthecity97 Does your fiancé not have many friends? Mine doesn't and is having a hard time trying to match my 5 bridesmaids haha, whoops! I told him it's ok if the sides are uneven but he likes symmetry haha.

@kmk2016 My girls would definitely love the wine. I would probably do champagne just so I could literally pop the question.. I'm a sucker for puns!

#10 Nybride525

Nybride525
  • 229 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I have 4 but there will be 5-6 groomsmen....I don't have think any of my friends are making the trip so it's all family

Jamie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users