We are working towards my dream of getting married on a beach, and I completely failed to think of something- the wind.. humidity etc..

I had high hopes for wearing my hair down, with a pretty white flower to match my dress.

How is everyone else planning to wear your hair for your wedding??

Has anyone had troubles with humidity/wind??

Maybe I could just use a but load of hairspray and clips?? :rolleyes:

I was worried about this too - I wanted my hair down or swept to the side. I have gotten some advice from friends to wear it up as it gets hot

Are you doing a TTD session? I received some good advice on here - wear your hear up for the wedding to not have to deal with wind, humidy, heat, sweat and then wear it down for the TTD

I've been debating a TTD session- I want to (my dress only cost us 100 dollars) so It wouldn't be a big deal- but my mother is FREAKING OUT about it lol.

Thanks for the advise :)

@@BusyBee280 Awhile back I would have strongly advised against wearing your down because it can get pretty windy on the beach. That said...we have had several of our beach brides prove me wrong and successfully pull off getting married with their hair down, long and flowing or pulled to the side :)

My advice is to wear your hair however you want so you feel comfortable and beautiful. It is nicer though for bridesmaids to wear their hair up or tied back (especially when there are several of them). It's one thing to make sure the wind is "just right" for our bride in a wedding party photo but just waaaay to difficult if all of the bridesmaids are each having to worry about their hair as well. It's your day so you get to decide  ;)

DSC_9645-442copy-1.jpg

DSC_6350-275copy.jpg

DSC_0788-213logo.jpg

DSC_5188-421copy.jpg

• Like 1

@@BusyBee280 - I'm going to wear my hair down, kind of curled and clipped to the side. I can't wear my hair up - I never wear it up, so can't imagine having it up on my wedding day! I'm hoping lots of hair spray and clips will do the trick :). My bridesmaids are wearing their hair up - great advice above!

My wedding is in December so it'll also be less humid.  Yours is in November, so we have that going for us, I think! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the advise everyone!!

I've been looking for good ideas on how to wear my hair- I don't look very good with updo's because I have such a thin frame. Maybe Something to the side-

Thanks again! :)  this site has been so supportive.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise everyone!!

I've been looking for good ideas on how to wear my hair- I don't look very good with updo's because I have such a thin frame. Maybe Something to the side-

Thanks again! :)  this site has been so supportive.

Maybe swept to the side with curls - have you looked into hair extensions. Clip ins are so easy to do and something you can throw  in the day of. Plus you can buy ones that are already curled/wavy so might help it keep the look you want. 

• Like 1

What time is your ceremony? I've read about later ceremonies being windy-er (like 3-5pmish) but I don't have any hard facts to support that. Just another thing to think about! I will unfortunately be wearing my hair probably in a low side bun, with a "poof" for volume, and a few pieces pulled out and curled. I have very thin, fine straight hair that doesn't respond well to humidity, and doesn't hold a curl in it. Plus I'm getting married right on the beach with zero shelter so it's going to be a windy one!