Oot Bag Vs. Pre-Travel Package

Hi all-

I'm hoping a few people can chime in on their thoughts with OOT bags. Future brides and past brides!!!

Right now I am looking into OOT bag items and really thinking about what I want to offer. Has anyone sent pre travel packages to their guests home before they leave instead of giving them the OOT bags at the hotel?

I am bringing quite a few things in terms of decorations already so I don't want to go overboard with my luggage and have my FI worrying about a million things there. I'm leaning toward sending my guests a pre travel package with things to use or bring to the wedding and little gifts instead of worrying about brining

Thoughts from any past brides??? Any future brides also doing this instead of OOT bags at the destination?

I have thought about this often too and have decided where we will have our daughter with us who will be just 3 at the time we will already have a lot of stuff so what we are doing is doing up a pre-travel package for our guest and sending them out roughly a couple weeks before the weeding maybe even a month to get them excited. We were even thinking of having a little gathering at our house to hand these out or we may just mail have not decided yet. I need some idea though on what to put in them lol so far I have a brochure and luggage tags lol

I have thought about this often too and have decided where we will have our daughter with us who will be just 3 at the time we will already have a lot of stuff so what we are doing is doing up a pre-travel package for our guest and sending them out roughly a couple weeks before the weeding maybe even a month to get them excited. We were even thinking of having a little gathering at our house to hand these out or we may just mail have not decided yet. I need some idea though on what to put in them lol so far I have a brochure and luggage tags lol

Yay! I am glad to see someone else had this idea!!

So  far I have come up with the following that we are including

-Packing list (Packing pad you often see at Chapers in Canada or Barnes and Noble)

- Luggage Tag

-Info letter/welcome and thank you letter

-Passport invitation that we are using to be an 'info' Book

-mini emergency kit to bring on the trip

-ring pop 

- blank guest listing so everyone can fill in what room they have once they arrive

- call anyone but the bride list so I'm stress free ;)

Just some ideas we came up with early on..

We'll be taking our OOT bags with us to the destination. I wanted the bags delivered to each room but my hotel charges a fee for that & I figure that money would be a waste. However, if I write specific names on each bag (which I was anyway), they will distribute them at check-in for FREE. That's the magic word for me & I like that idea better anyway...check-in to a welcome/thank you surprise from us!

I was trying to figure out how to do a completed guest list for my OOT bags once I arrive there. Now I think I will just stick a blank one in there like you're doing. They can complete it themselves...less work for me :P

Great idea! @jayajayelynn

We already gave out our pre-travel package to guests on May 21st. (Our wedding is June 21st.) I delivered a lot of them to mailboxes & timed the mail perfectly on the others. Our guests all loved them & got really excited all over again.

We'll be taking our OOT bags with us to the destination. I wanted the bags delivered to each room but my hotel charges a fee for that & I figure that money would be a waste. However, if I write specific names on each bag (which I was anyway), they will distribute them at check-in for FREE. That's the magic word for me & I like that idea better anyway...check-in to a welcome/thank you surprise from us!

I was trying to figure out how to do a completed guest list for my OOT bags once I arrive there. Now I think I will just stick a blank one in there like you're doing. They can complete it themselves...less work for me :P

Great idea! @jayajayelynn

We already gave out our pre-travel package to guests on May 21st. (Our wedding is June 21st.) I delivered a lot of them to mailboxes & timed the mail perfectly on the others. Our guests all loved them & got really excited all over again.

What kind of stuff do you have included in your bags? Is it a lot to carry down there or is everything fitting in your suitcase?

@@jayejayelynn My bags include a welcome/thank you letter, snacks, first aid kits, meds, cups, and some other stuff. Yes it is a lot. It's bulky stuff that I can't compress. Plus we have some decorations & things that we're also taking.

We're taking the items there in an old suitcase. When we come back home, that suitcase will stay there. We don't want to lug a lot back home with us.

• Like 1

@@1BeachBride

Sounds awesome!!! See I have about a suitcase and a half already of decorations - once I have everything will be 2 suitcases EXTRA aside from what my Fiance and I  bring! hahaha

If I didnt have that many decorations I think I would bring the bags - but then again, I'm still debating it. Good idea with taking an old bag - thats a great idea. I have one Im wanting to trash already so maybe its worth keeping it to use for that. I only have 30 guests so wouldnt be too much stuff i suppose

@@jayejayelynn A suitcase and a half of decorations...WOW! Is your resort all inclusive? And are decorations in your wedding package?

Our package includes decorations, chair sashes, etc. We're just bringing a few things to make it more personalized for us. I can't imagine taking that much. I'm nervous about the one bag that will be checked! Aren't you scared your wedding supply luggage will get lost/stolen?

we have some yeah but i ordered real touch flowers instead for myself and three bridesmaids

Plus 10 vases and flowers as centerpieces... To be honest I haven't looked at the suitcase myself - my FI packed it so that could really mean anything! hahahaha to me it doesnt seem like a lot...

Reason I haven't seen it is because it arrived last week in Denver where we are moving and I haven't gone down yet - wrapping up my job in Canada and moving July 1... so I'll see then :)  Maybe its actually HALF a suitcase!

@@1BeachBride

Edited by jayejayelynn