• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

I am completely freaking out! I leave on tue for riviera maya Mexico and there is a 60% chance of rain on my wedding day. I've never been to Mexico so I'm not sure if this is something that will blow over quickly or maybe just change completely last minute. I'm just so disappointed because it says rain every day were there. Everyone spent so much money. I just want my guests to have a great sunny vacation.

#2 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Unfortunately this is rainy season in Mexico and rain showers are not unexpected, normally however, rain is light and doesn't last all day long. Contact your WC and see if they have contingency plans for weddings if it's raining heavy or if they provide umbrellas. I'm sure despite a bit of rain, it will be beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

A lot of times the weather picks up humidity as rain even though it isn't actually rain. When it gets quite humid though, you will generally get a short shower but they rarely last long and the sun comes right out afterwards. I would pay more attention to the temperatures with the humidity level. That would be a better indicatory of whether you'll get a shower or not.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thanks ladies!!
Keeping my fingers crossed and positive thoughts that everything will work out .

#5 ASAtobe

ASAtobe
  • 75 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun Mexico

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

Thanks ladies!!
Keeping my fingers crossed and positive thoughts that everything will work out .

How did the wedding go?

#6 jaspbri0317

jaspbri0317
  • 79 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 13, 2018
  • Wedding Location:Curacao

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

How did everything turn out?

#7 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
  • 202 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

I just got back from puerto Vallarta last week and left with a possible hurricane approaching! The plus side is that it want so hot - but it did end up raining my entire wedding day. It didn't ruin May Day whatsoever. I was hardly disappointed. I know o didn't get the exact pictures I hoped for - but I'm hopeful the shots I got are still amazing!

I do realize this thread is old, but I just wanted to say that even though rain is a possibility - most of my group was thankful they weren't sweating the entire day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

When we visited in September, the weather was completely unpredictable. Not a cloud in the sky, then rain for hours, then sun. That's just how it is unfortunately. I am praying for nice weather for Feb 23! It's always been nice when we visited in the winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users