Are You Changing Your Last Name, Hyphenating, Or Keeping Your Name

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 beckys98

• 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

I am changing my middle name to my maiden name and taking his last name. I never really liked my middle name anyway (even my parents told me they made the wrong choice - ha) so I'm happy to sacrifice it to keep my last name! And then it is easier than hyphenating.

If we have kids, I will also give them my maiden name as their middle name so they have both of our names. Fortunately, neither one of our names are super long or cumbersome - both just 2 syllables - so the kid won't have a crazy name :)

#52 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

I'm taking my FIs last name.

Growing up I always said I would keep my last name or hyphenate BUT it means so much to my FI that I cant imagine disappointing him in that way. My SIL kept her last name (all the power and respect to her) and his family did not like that. Personally, I wouldn't mind upsetting them but the fact that my FI cares, I'm doing it to make him happy.

My last name is now a very popular first name so I will definitely give all my children my maiden name as their middle name.

#53 pjay

• 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

I think i've said this before, but i'm hyphenating for a somewhat silly reason, but I can't get over it. My FI's last name is "Yu" and my name is Perian.. I can't bare the thought of being called "P. YU" (work email etc) lol. I think Johnson-Yu sounds much better.

My planning thread :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users