Looking For Reviews!

Cabo Resorts & Hotels

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Emmalu02

Emmalu02
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

This is such good info. Up until this point I have been  working with someone in their group reservations department and it has been painful to get responses and they are giving us no breaks on rooms. At this point I would prefer to work with a travel agent or something. Did the TA charge a fee to work with them?

And ditto on the photographer reccomendations. The one the resort sent me is mediocre in my opinion and while they are also fairly inexpensive, I would rather spend a little more for better quality. I will check these all out!

#22 DVon18

DVon18
    • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

@Emmalu02 the travel agent does not charge a fee, but I did have to put down a deposit. The deposit gets applied to my room in the end.

#23 Emmalu02

Emmalu02
      • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

@DVon18 thank you again for the information!

#24 susie q

susie q
        • 25 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 5, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Mexico, Playa del Carmen

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi!! I'm a 2015 bride! I stumbled across this and Sandos Finisterra, and I love their location!! On google maps it says permanently closed?? Any ideas?

#25 soulgroovy

soulgroovy
        • 33 posts
        • Wedding Date:September 11, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
        • LocationOak Park, IL

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi @susie q !!! A few women including myself have booked this resort for our weddings. I am thinking google maps maybe out of date. Try the following link and see if that helps. http://www.sandos.co...events.htm?gt=1

I have had great contact with and from Lupita!!!!  Also I've included a link for reviews about this place. I too wasn't sure about it at first because I couldn't find any info on it but soon found out it had been bought by Sandos and went under renovations. http://www.tripadvis...California.html

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Nicole

#26 susie q

susie q
        • 25 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 5, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Mexico, Playa del Carmen

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thank you @soulgroovy !!! One more question...I think :) Is this a timeshare property? Based on what I read on tripadvisor it is, and I'm worried about my guests being approached. Thanks again!

#27 DVon18

DVon18
        • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Hey ladies just wanted to give you a heads up on room blocks. I set one up through vacations for less and they quoted me a rate that was much better than the hotels. I had to out a deposit down to hold the room block and I thought this was a great way to help mg guests save money. However I have had several guests now book their room outside the room block because they are finding significantly cheaper rates outside the room block. I emailed them to see if they would count those rooms toward the block since they are way more expensive at this point. I will let you know what happens but just something to consider when setting a room block.

Edited by DVon18, 17 June 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#28 soulgroovy

soulgroovy
          • 33 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 11, 2015
          • LocationOak Park, IL

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hi @susie q....I am not sure about that and it's something I need to look into as well. Hadn't even gave it much thought until you mentioned it. I email and find out and get back to you.

@DVon18 Thanks for this heads up. Were you able to add the rooms to your room block?

#29 Lynsey92714

Lynsey92714
          • 49 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 27, 2014
          • LocationRIU palace

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

I highly recommend a destination wedding travel agent. Ours has been awesome and she has helped get everything organized and booked all the guests

#30 DVon18

DVon18
          • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

I was able to add rooms to he block and they also helped negotiate a lower price with the hotel since people were getting cheaper prices else where. Only 2 months from today!!! I will be sure to write a full review once it's all over and include pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users