Looking For Reviews!

Hello.....we are considering having our DW in Cabo San Lucas at the Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Sept 2015. Has anyone used this place before and if so can you share some thoughts?? I have enclosed the link....

http://www.cabovillas.com/properties.asp?PID=448

Just as info....I am familiar with Earth, Sea, and Sky vacations services and it appears the wedding packages are through them using Sandos as the resort but I am waiting to here back to see how that all works.

Thanks so much!!!  :)

Following your topic....I am looking to get married at Playa Grande (next door to the Finisterra) summer of 2015. We are heading down next month and plan to visit a couple of resorts. Do you have a site visit planned?? If not and we go there let me know if there is anything in particular you have questions about :)

@@soulgroovy I have their wedding package stuff they sent to me. If you gove me your email I can send it to you. It would be easy to go just theough them, ans not Earth, Sea and Sky. You have to have 80% of your party stay there and some other things. My friends stayed there last year and loved it. It isn't far from the bars and downtown area. She did say it was a large hill to walk up, but the good was good and they had tons of pools and bars to go to.

@@hyoungquist.....not at this time....seeing as how I just came back two weeks ago....was there for vacation at another location and hadn't quite given it much thought as I was still wrapping my head around being engaged...lol!!! I will let you know if I have any questions...as at the moment I am mostly concerned with the added cost pp if I have more than 30.

@@cassie06 please send me what you have...my email is soulgroovy75@@gmail.com. I have found one brochure after I did some more digging...and I agree that going through them directly would be better. I really like that they are close to downtown...just in case my wedding guests wants to venture outside of the resort.

Thanks so much ladies!! :)  

@@soulgroovy after reading your post a did a little research into the wedding packages and Finisterra seems to offer the most bang for your buck! I e-mailed them and heard back from Lupita this morning and was told that ALL of your guests are required to stay at the resort (irritating) but I e-mailed back asking if it just has to be the night of the wedding. 

@@hyoungquist Wow thanks!! I emailed them last night and also got that same info....hopefully my guest will be ok with that. My future FIL likes to use his time share for trips but maybe he'll make an exception for this occasion or maybe he can work something out. I really like this place and it seems quite reasonable for what we are looking to do. The other thing is there is a $99 pp charge for additional guest but hopefully we can keep it within 30-40. I am really a no fuss...kind of girl and really enjoy simplicity so this seems to fit right into that category for me. BTW your first name isn't Audrey is it?? When Lupita responded...she addressed me as Audrey instead of Nicole...not a big deal...I thought it was kind of funny...and I took that as she was responding to quite a few emails...for potential business...which is a good sign!!  :)

Thanks again,

Nicole

@@soulgroovy My first name is Holly, and nice to meet you! I am definitely a no fuss type of girl too and they seem to offer the total package with the exception of photography (let me know if you got the information in your e-mail from Lupita) and the rates were pretty reasonable but I am leaning towards Sara Richardson (check her our on Stylemepretty.com). I have a timeshare too and it actually is right next door to the Finisterra at Playa Grande. Our resort network though is through RCI and the Finisterra is within our network. So your uncle must just be in the same boat where he can exchange to that resort or can book an "extra vacation" there where he doesn't have to use his weeks. I've also read that if your guests do the 1.5 hour timeshare presentation they save a HUGE amount on their room. We did one with the intentions of saving the money....and then walked out the door with a timeshare!

@@hyoungquist Nice to meet you as well!! Wow...Sara's photos are beautiful. How did you find her? I'm going to send her an email to get pricing and any other info she would like to share. I haven't looked at the photographer that the hotel suggested but it doesn't hurt to check it out so I have something to compare to. My FI is going to talk with his Dad and see if our hotel choice is in his network and go from there. It seems like all I think about now is planning for the wedding...lol...it's a good thing just never knew it could be so mentally consuming!! I am very excited though!!!  :)

@@soulgroovy I actually came across her on a blog I saw on Pinterest (gotta love it!). I can forward you her pricing if you need it. I thought it was a little less then what I would pay here in California and have seen other's post about using photographer's in Cabo that are over $5k-$10k! In my opinion, I am willing to cut corner's on some stuff for the wedding but pictures are forever and this is not something that I want to feel disappointed with.

It is honestly almost all I ever think about! And even crazier....I am not even engaged yet but I know it is coming in the next month LOL. My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years and just finally decided to start getting serious about getting married about a month ago.

Hi @@hyoungquist!!! I have found all kinds of wonderful stuff on Pinterest...I love that site!!! Please forward me her pricing. I agree about wanting the pictures to not be a disappointment...but I also don't want to spend over $5k-$10k either....shoot that's just about as much as the wedding...lol!!! I know it's a special day...but it's one day out of the many years that will make up our lives together as husband and wife. 

We seem to be kind of in the same boat...my FI just proposed on the 7th of this month but we have been together almost 4 years and I also knew it was kind of coming...it's a discussion we have had on several occasions. Today though I wasn't feeling much like planning and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all....I guess that's normal!!!  -_-