Wedding Dress Choice

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ladies,

I need your opinions on wedding dresses. I bought a dress over a year and half ago, when I first got engaged, it was really nice and it was cheap, 100 euro ( 137 USD).In the past year, I've lost weight, and tonwd up, and the dress is really loose on me, I've tried it on pinned, but I'm just not loving it anymore. I don't feel amazing in it. Should I get another dress? Or is this just normal? Has anyone else felt like thus?

I have been to a few wedding dress shops, and I've fallen in love with a 1950`s tea length style dress. Unfortunately, I'm unable to afford the dress in question, as it costs €1400 (2000 USD). I do however know an amazing dress maker, who can probably make an identical dress. What do you think I should do? Do you think tea length would work at a DW? Or should I stick with my original choice, which is an a.line Grecian style dress. I'd really appreciate your thoughts and ideas :-)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BNWT-MONSOON-MARLOWE-20s-Gatsby-Silk-Ivory-Jewel-Embellished-Wedding-Dress-10-/380904600731?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&hash=item58afaef49b

http://louloubridal.co.uk/collections/bridal/pink-collection/lb33/

Late reply but wanted to offer an opinion as you have been kindly helping me :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the second dress, absolutely amazing!!! However you need to go with whatever you want, whether that means selling one you already have and buying another or keeping your original. No one else can answer this question really apart from you. Go with what you love.

I would probably imagine you bought the first one thinking yeah its nice and super cheap ill just get it, but now you are planning your wedding your heart is more into it and that dress probably isn't your dream dress.

Hope that helps :) x

• Like 1

I agree. Wear what makes you feel amazing.... but I'm a super old fashioned romantic and always think a wedding dress should be long. The tea length for me would be if you were having a courthouse wedding and nothing else.

Just my very personal opinion.... lol Good luck whatever you decide!!!

Late reply but wanted to offer an opinion as you have been kindly helping me :)LOVE LOVE LOVE the second dress, absolutely amazing!!! However you need to go with whatever you want, whether that means selling one you already have and buying another or keeping your original. No one else can answer this question really apart from you. Go with what you love.I would probably imagine you bought the first one thinking yeah its nice and super cheap ill just get it, but now you are planning your wedding your heart is more into it and that dress probably isn't your dream dress.Hope that helps :) x

Oh you are so right!!!!! Totally went for the dress, cos I thought, its pretty, and inexpensive... oh its like you can read me ha ha :-) the first dress I got was in Monsoon, and I had always pictured myself in a Grecian/ floaty dress.... but now that I'm actually planning, I've a different vision of how I'd look.... the second dress is gorgeous, sadly it also has a big price tag... I'm getting a local dressmaker, to make up a replica of it, for half the price :-) really excited to see it when its all made up!!! :-)

Oh fantastic!!!

You must feel so much better :)  Its all about you and how you feel so the dress has to be right!  Sounds like you had already made your mind up when posting this thread asking ;)

Well done :)

Yeah feel so much happier now, it was in the back of my mind for a while, and I eventually said it to my sister, who brought me dress shopping a week or so later... I had a preference for the second dress, when I posted this, I guess I just needed a second /third opinion... that I was doing the right thing Lol :-) :-D

Thanks everyone for your advice, I've decided to go with my gut , and get the tea-length dress made by a dressmaker I know. I'll be having my first fitting in 2 weeks or so.... eek so excited :-)