• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 tygrrlily

• 831 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Congrats!! My FI and I seriously considered Disney World because we are huge Disney fans! A part of us is still very sad we're not doing it there haha

We LOVE Port Orleans :). Epcot is our fave park too

Have you been to the DIS boards forum? There's a whole subsection for Disney weddings and honeymoons, and the ladies there are super active

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#12 kmk2016

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Love the DIS boards... And love Disney World! We own DVC and go twice a year. I would have totally gotten married there (or in a DIsney Cruise) but FI would say no way!! Hahaha best perk- free annual pass for the new bride/groom! Plus their cakes are gorgeous!

The DIS wedding group is a very good suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 Sharnese21

• 11 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 15, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Disney Wedding Pavilion-Disney World
  • LocationMD, USA

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

@tygrrlily Thank you! Yes I've visited the Dis Board forum. I am so excited but I'm also nervous. We only have 3 months before our wedding and having a destination wedding/getting married in Disney World was a last minute decision for us. We both LOVE Disney and knew we wanted a fairytale wedding but that's really all we knew. My FI writes and I'm obsessed with reading so a storybook wedding seemed perfect for us. After reading David Tutera's Disney Fairytale Wedding book we decided to ditch all our plans for a wedding at home and get married in Disney World. It hasn't been an easy process but I'm praying that all the hard work, last minute decisions and tears lead to a day we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

@kmk2016 I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out that we were getting annual passes!!!!!! We plan to visit every park during our wedding/honeymoon. We are also going back in December and next year to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! From what I've read so far it doesn't seem like we'll be able to make our cake as beautiful as the ones we've seen on the Disney Fairytale Wedding website because we selected the escape package. Do you know if this is true or not?

#14 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

welcome and congrats!  what a special place to get married!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 lealea

• 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Wow a Disney bride! What a great experience x hope it went well x

#16 IggyPop

• 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:20 AM

I am so jealous! Can i come? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users