Sign in to follow this  
kcole123

So Hard To Find Other Melia Caribe Tropical Brides

HI,

I am getting married at this resort in April 2015. I have been looking and searching on this site to find other brides possibly getting married at this resort but can't seem to find any. I would like to just discuss and share ideas back and forth.

Anyone out there?

Hi there,

I'm not getting married at this resort but before I decided on my resort I joined a bunch of facebook groups. I am in one called "Melia Caribe Tropical Brides." If you search facebook you should be able to find it. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much. I joined that group and it's very helpful. Thanks again,

Kristy

Still looks like it is just me and you getting married at the Melia! :) How is wedding planning going?!?

HI @@Make2dayAmazing,

Did you go with the resort hair and makeup or are you getting an outside person to do this. I think the resort charges a fee to bring an outside person in. I am not sure how much but I think it's like $75 or something.

Wedding planning is going good. I have the photographer booked too (HDC) and I have the wedding boat booked for reception. Not too sure what is left to do besides hair and makeup. I don't know if all other things I can wait on or if I have to do everything now. I am still like 11 months out. Invitations are gone out too. The deposits for the guests for the all inclusive isn't due until July 4th. I was thinking I should wait until then to determine other things like welcome dinner and stuff so that way I would have more firm numbers of who would be going.

@@kcole123

Yes, I am going to go with the resort hair and makeup for both myself and my maid of honor. 

I am really wanting to go with HDC, but I don't know if I really want to spend that $1000 entrance fee. Right now I am really torn about what to do, but I know I need to make a decision ASAP. 

I have given out almost all of my save the dates, and once I get more time, I am going to work on the invitations. I actually still have to book our flights. I was hoping to ride it out for a couple of weeks to see if it would get cheaper, but it seems to be getting more expensive. We were originally going to go from a Wed to a Wed but the flight into the DR doesn't get there until almost 10 at night! I found that it is a little cheaper for us to go Tues to a Tues and the flights arrive much earlier in the day. Other than that, I feel I have nothing really to do until the time gets closer.