TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:47 AM

Here's the link to their website.

www.photomexico.com

His work looks really good. He works with an assistant and charges $300 an hour. He also will deliver ALL the "negatives" to you...or at least high quality digital pictures so you can get them printed as much as you want.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:04 AM

I like his photos, but on his website he lists his prices as $450 for first hour and $350 for addt'l hours. Do you think it's negotiable or something?

#3 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been interviewing (via email) five photographers in Cabo to get different rates, styles, info like that. I have put it all into a spreadsheet and I am willing to email it to you if you think it would be helpful. Some of the info is more tailored to my event (like availability on my wedding date) but some of it would be the same for any date (prices, style, etc).

The five I have info on are: Jose Lima(Baja Image Bank), Manuel Burgoin(Weddings in Los Cabos), Francisco Estrada(Photomexico), Peter Hatton(Images by Peter), and Bradley Fraser(cabofoto). I have information on: website, rates, style, end product, notes, and whether or not I have heard a recommendation. Right now I only have Tara Null's recommendation but I could get more in the future.

I have to say that I emailed these people yesterday and each one responded within 24 hours, many within 12 hours. So far I have not made a decision because I feel I have a lot of great choices!

If anyone thinks this is helpful and wants a copy, please just email me. I think all of our weddings will be better if we are able to share all the information we have!

janet.daly@gmail.com

-janet
      cabo surf hotel

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

i am using photomexico. I liked his pictures. great job with the spreadsheet.

if you could email it to me i will try to upload it to the site...

Click the image to open in full size.

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

sure -- I'll do that. I actually have one more to add that came in yesterday. I'll work on that tonight when I get home...

I was really impressed with Photomexico's website. Tara doesn't recommend him, but I think that was based one bad experience. He told me he did 84 weddings last year so he must be doing something right! :)

-janet

cabo surf hotel

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

he has also been really responsive to me and has an assistant that he works with...so i know that is important...

what was the bad experience tara had with him?

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

#7 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

I forget the exact details, but it had something to do with unprofessionally backing out of a wedding at the last minute, though she did say that he sent a replacement. It really doesn't seem like it was THAT big of a deal, but she has stopped doing busines with him. I personally wouldn't rule him out over it, though she did. I am sure he will take beautiful pics for you!!!

-janet

cabo surf hotel

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

i hope so...makes me nervous...i will double check that this does not happen

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:25 AM

Hey girls,

i am trying to compile a list of fun songs to play at my reception. You know, the songs that get everyone dancing!

please post some songs that you always like played at weddings...

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

i called Francisco (PhotoMexico) about my concerns that Tara the coordinator mentioned and here is his response..

Hello Tammy. How are you?.

The way to dial my ph is 011 52 624 116 68 95. Probably my phone was off. (i actually misdialed...forgot the 52)

I´m sorry, the friday nignt before your wedding I have an other work. I can not do it, if you need some one and I can help you just let me know.

I want to tell you; do not worry, the situation that happen with the wedding photography with earth, sea and sky in january, happened because I was travelling and the couple contact me by the web, I did not with me my schedule and I called to my office in cabo to ask my availability and was a big comunication mistake. In the end another photographer did the wedding, and even was the photographer that I trust the most... a very good one. You can be fully sure that I will take care

your wedding with all my energy and my heart.

Fell free to call me or to email me any time.

And If I can help you here in Cabo, please let me know.

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users