Pashminas - Where Did You Get Yours?

I have been considering getting Pashmina for my female guests, but after searching I can't say which websites are legit and which are not.  So I'm wondering if anyone could share where they purchased theirs, how much the cost, and what was the quality?

Thanks!

@@trbutler   This is where I got mine... http://pioneergroup27.com/Default.aspx

They are $2.50 a piece (and are beautifully made), although they do have a $100 minimum (they ship from New York). I'm also using these for my table runners as those were like $27 a piece when I tried to find some... 

these are the exact ones I bought in navy and olive green (and I have to say they are beautifully made, the fabric is quality, the color is rich... I'm really happy with them)... http://pioneergroup27.com/Item.aspx?ProductID=70

Seems like you and I are planning the same wedding... so let me know if you need help with anything else. I'm leaving in two weeks for my wedding in the DR and have already been through most of this. :)

• Like 1

I think the knot.com has some too though I haven't ordered from them .. yet.. but they look like they would be nice

They also were very expensive.

@@trbutler   This is where I got mine... http://pioneergroup27.com/Default.aspx

They are $2.50 a piece (and are beautifully made), although they do have a $100 minimum (they ship from New York). I'm also using these for my table runners as those were like $27 a piece when I tried to find some... 

these are the exact ones I bought in navy and olive green (and I have to say they are beautifully made, the fabric is quality, the color is rich... I'm really happy with them)... http://pioneergroup27.com/Item.aspx?ProductID=70

Seems like you and I are planning the same wedding... so let me know if you need help with anything else. I'm leaving in two weeks for my wedding in the DR and have already been through most of this. :)

Thanks!  They have tons of colors also!  How did you order them, they don't really have an order location on their website.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

@@trbutler

Ok, so... I may have gone a little overboard...

Each bag will be getting:

Personalized beach bag

Welcome letter (with wedding day itinerary on the opposite side)

Wedding week survival kit which includes:

a deck of cards, hand sanitizer, mini lint roller, chapstick (SPF 15), aloe vera gel, 2 bottles of conditioner, q-tips, bobby pins, hair ties, med-lyte, pepto bismol, tylenol, match sticks, gum, dramamine, photosharing info card, roll of tums, sqwincher, shout wipe, and vitamin c.

waterproof keycard holder with insert (and spanish phrases) and lanyard

2 personalized koozies

2 stainless steel mugs with thank you tags and sharpies (so they can write whatever they want on it while they are there)

cigars for the guys

and pashminas for the girls

There will also be a handmade ornament with a map of the DR on one side and our wedding logo on the other... haven't decided whether this will be in the bag or on their plate at dinner as the favor.

@@trbutler

Eventually, I'll do a planning thread with templates, but we leave Sunday for the DR and will be gone 2 weeks... Likely won't happen with all the last minute packing/ preparations we have to do.... But, this is what my welcome letter said:

Welcome to Paradise

Dear Family & Friends, 

The wait is finally over!! Welcome to sun, sand and relaxation at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace! We are both so blessed to have you as a part of our epic wedding week. We are especially honored that you have traveled this far to be a part of our wedding celebration. There are no words to describe how much it means to us that you have taken the time, traveled the distance and paid the expense to be here with us during this special time in our lives. 

Many years from now, when we look back on our life and this day, we'll remember that being surrounded by such amazing people was the perfect beginning to our life as husband and wife. With such a great group of people gathered in one beautiful location, we are sure to have a fantastic week!

We hope you enjoy the goodies in this welcome bag. They are just a small token of our appreciation.

Please make the most of your vacation here in the Dominican Republic. We hope the next few days will be as memorable for you as they will be for us. So put your feet up, order a drink and enjoy!

With Love, 

Grant & Dianne

P.S. Stay hydrated and don't forget your sunscreen!!

Needless to say, I took bits and pieces from other brides who have posted on here to create this letter.