#1 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married at Melia Caribe Tropical on April 17, 2015. Does any brides past or present have any suggestions or comments about getting married at this resort? All positive comments please..lol

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#2 Bride2015

Bride2015
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

A friend of mine is getting married at Melia in August, we are going to the wedding too. I'm choosing a resort for my wedding now too. With the help of my wonderful travel agent, I'm sure we'll choose the best place.

#3 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married at Melia Caribe Tropical on April 17, 2015. Does any brides past or present have any suggestions or comments about getting married at this resort? All positive comments please..lol

Have you tried the resort reviews section? As well, what about the forum for that resort? Here is the one that I found:

www.bestdestinationwedding.com/.../64181-2013-melia-caribe-tropical- brides/

Then there is also a review

www.bestdestinationwedding.com/.../20646-melia-caribe-tropical-all- inclusive/

Hope that helps! Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

hi @acw271011,

I found that review and the forum. I couldn't find anything really recent for this year or any brides getting married for next year. I was hoping to compare notes :(

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#5 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Keep looking! lol I'm sure there will be someone that will chime in somewhere along the way with some information.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 BeatriceTesoro

BeatriceTesoro
    • 1 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya or Punta Cana

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hi Everyone and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I fell in love with Melia Caribe Tropical but wanted to bring an outside photographer. I kept reading where some brides were asked to pay a $1000.00 outside vendor fee and some brides were asked to pay a pass for $100.00. I just received confirmation from the wedding planner that you would need to pay both the day pass of $100 and the $1000.00 fee. I was so upset about this and there is no way around it.

We are using Katya Nova for our pictures and I am in love with her work. She gave me some ideas of having the wedding outside of the resort at either Jellyfish Restaurant or Huracan Restaurant. By the time you add everything up, it comes almost the same price.

#7 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hi @BeatriceTesoro

I am also going with an outside photographer (HDC) and I too found the price outrageous but I really wanted the HDC and they are a good price for what you get as opposed to going with the resort photographer. I am getting married at Melia but having my reception on La Barcaza wedding boat and I feel that for just a ceremony it's a pretty high price to have to pay for just them to take pictures at the resort of me getting ready and possibly a half hour ceremony. Then we will be leaving the resort to go on the boat where he will take more pictures. So not all my wedding is spent at the resort.

When is your wedding in May? What is it you have done so far?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users