Photo

Picking Grooms And Groomsmen Attire

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hey all DW Brides....looking for tips on how to pick out grooms and groomsmen attire for our 2015 beach wedding. My groom and his groomsmen ALL live in different places....nowhere close to one another. I love the idea of a blue suit or just a vest and shirt but have no idea where to start to have them all get the same thing? You would think it would be easier for the groomsmen but I have the same situation with my bridesmaids and I think it will be easier for them! Thanks for any help!

#2 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Not sure where you're located. In the US there is always Men's Warehouse. They have locations all over so at least all of your "men" could go wherever they live and get measured and get whatever they're supposed to be getting. There is also Tommy Bahama online. They have a wedding section devoted to destination weddings. Each person could order whatever they need to. They have a deal on lately for free shipping too. There is also a place called islandimporters.com  They also have a wedding department. Someone else mentioned I think Macy's as well.

If you're in Canada there are also quite a few places depending on what you want. Tommy Bahama also ships to Canada if you find something you like. Some people have used J. Crew and Le Chateau.

Hope that helps a little  but it will all come down to what you're looking for and your specific tastes.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
    • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

@acw271011, Thanks for the info. My fiance and I live in Bermuda, so trying anything on we would need to take a trip overseas (which also makes trying wedding dresses on difficult, ugh) for but all of the groomsmen live is different area of Canada. Will def check out the places you mentioned. Thanks for the info!

#4 stefadile

stefadile
      • 192 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
      • LocationIreland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

We are buying the groom/ groom's men suits here ( we've gotten their measurments)and shipping them to the grooms men in advance, that way they can get all their alterations done before the big day!

#5 malyna

malyna
      • 346 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yeah I also recommend going w a chain clothing store... People will most likely have one in their area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 LiannaBanana

LiannaBanana
      • 154 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Royalton Punta Cana
      • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

Has anyone thought of having groomsmen in shorts? 

#7 malyna

malyna
      • 346 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

I think that could be cute! I know my resort has a dress code for the ceremony though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
      • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

I've definitely thought about shorts! We live in Bermuda so Bermuda shirts are the normal business and dress attire here....as long as they do t wear the tall socks with them I think it would look good!

#9 Feath07

Feath07
        • 48 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:DR - Punta Cana

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

@LiannaBanana  Are your BM dresses on the more casual side?  If so, then I think shorts would work.  Yet if the dresses are more on the dressier side, then it may look a bit off for pics and also when the BM's and GM's are standing or walking together.

Are your GM wearing flip flops as well ?

#10 Rheannarudy

Rheannarudy
        • 150 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera CancĂșn
        • LocationWI

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Not sure where you're located. In the US there is always Men's Warehouse. They have locations all over so at least all of your "men" could go wherever they live and get measured and get whatever they're supposed to be getting. There is also Tommy Bahama online. They have a wedding section devoted to destination weddings. Each person could order whatever they need to. They have a deal on lately for free shipping too. There is also a place called islandimporters.com  They also have a wedding department. Someone else mentioned I think Macy's as well.

If you're in Canada there are also quite a few places depending on what you want. Tommy Bahama also ships to Canada if you find something you like. Some people have used J. Crew and Le Chateau.

Hope that helps a little  but it will all come down to what you're looking for and your specific tastes.

Good luck and happy planning!

Thank you! Very helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users