Newbie Question About Group Bookings

malyna

Is this how all group bookings work? I have no idea how many people would be coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My TA made it seem that most resorts would honor the rate for the bookings made in excess of the held rooms

What does your contract say? Once you are given your contract all your specific details will be shown. But they will definitely be basing your pricing on an estimate of needed rooms- how else would they be able to come up with a price or incentives?

If you don't have any rooms on hold, and just a price I'm not sure how that would work... What of the hotel sells out with another wedding? Then what?

Edited by kmk2016

Do the bride and groom have to put anything down to save the blocked rooms? I don't quite understand how that works, do you? Thanks!

The bride and groom can put the entire deposit down, but you don't have to.

What my fiance and I did was just put down our deposit, and let all our guests know the details and asked them to put down their own deposits.

I needed 10 deposits in order to secure my block of rooms, and they gave me around 3 weeks to get those deposits in.

I wasn't comfortable placing the 10 deposits myself because that would be expensive, and I was nervous that I might not have enough guests book through my TA.  If you pay for 10 deposits yourself, and you don't have 10 guests book through your TA then you'll lose that money.

Hope this helps!  NEVER be afriaid to ask your TA anything!  This is all new to you, and this is just everyday life for your TA.  They're here to help :)

So the way my TA explained it to me was there was a minimum 10 room holding at specific rate, and my fiance and I are fine with putting down the deposit. So the way she first time she explained it to me, if there was an 11th person and after who were booking, they would still receive that rate as the first 10 people. But now she's saying the resort won't honor that price for the 11th person (and thereafter) and will have to pay the price that is quoted at the time that they book. I am worried that the price will increase later on...

So the way my TA explained it to me was there was a minimum 10 room holding at specific rate, and my fiance and I are fine with putting down the deposit. So the way she first time she explained it to me, if there was an 11th person and after who were booking, they would still receive that rate as the first 10 people. But now she's saying the resort won't honor that price for the 11th person (and thereafter) and will have to pay the price that is quoted at the time that they book. I am worried that the price will increase later on...

Yeah, that sounds about right.

You can always put down more than 10 deposits to secure that rate.  Never hurts also to check with family members/friends to see if they want to put down their own deposit.

The rates are ALWAYS subject to change, unless you have already paid enough deposits for all your guests.

If you put down 10 deposits now, then only 10 guests will be able to get that rate.  When the 11th person books, then they have to pay whatever the rate is at that time.

I know it sucks, but that's how it goes....

We put down a deposit for 10 rooms too. Our TA said usually we wouldn't have to as there's normally a 90 day hold on the price as long as the wedding couple puts down their deposits, but because the hotel we're at has limited availability, they weren't willing to do it without a deposit.

We have some family and friends ready to book asap though, so we figured we'd get the money back right away. Now if only our TA would answer the emails! Ahh

Edited by tygrrlily

Has anyone ever heard of a payment plan with your TA, or the place you are staying?! 

I am trying to find out if it is possible for my friends and family to get on a payment plan monthly to afford it! I think this would help with being able to go and not having to come down with the WHOLE amount at one time!

Wright Travel Agency does that I'm using TA Wendy Hicks you can find her on here.  It has definitely been easier on my guests to pay in installments than pay the whole amount at once.  Some paid all at once but there are others that are paying a little at a time.  I would reach out to Wright Travel Agency for quotes on the resort you are looking at.

Edited by NJBride2014

we do take payments and are pretty flexible with terms.

you can read our reviews and contact us via the links in my signature :)

thanks for referring us :)

Wright Travel Agency does that I'm using TA Wendy Hicks you can find her on here.  It has definitely been easier on my guests to pay in installments than pay the whole amount at once.  Some paid all at once but there are others that are paying a little at a time.  I would reach out to Wright Travel Agency for quotes on the resort you are looking at.