• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'm a little embarassed to ask my TA... so, she gave me quotes on various resorts and  dates the rate is valid for - Does this mean if I put the deposit down on the resort that that is the rate guaranteed for all my guests here on out or do my guests also have to book by this date to receive the rate? Will the rate change later down the road?

#2 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

That's the group rate that you are locked in! Usually it is a little cheaper than booking solo...it doesn't change unless of course you see it's cheaper else where they may be able to lower your locked in rate also!! Good luck! Where are you looking?

#3 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Excellence Playa Mujeres... right now they are doing a 35% promo deal but the last day to book is April 30th. I am like in love with the resort but since there are so many and my fiance and I JUST decided we're going to do the destination wedding thing, I'm not sure if there's one out there that I might like more!

and it is a pretty pricy resort, I don't think my guests would be able to afford it if we didn't get it discounted

#4 DWBride2015

DWBride2015
    • Site Supporter
    • 128 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton Resort- Jellyfish
    • LocationDR Punta Cana

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Don't be embarrass to ask your TA. You won't to make sure you understand every part of process for your wedding. There is no question they haven't heard.
    Soon to be Mrs. Thiam

#5 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Haha I did end up asking!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

you should never feel too embarrassed to ask your TA any questions.  We would rather answer them thoroughly from the beginning so there are no surprises later on.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Agreed- ask the questions! Besides, you will need to know how many packages you have locked in, when your deadline to sign the contract is as well as the "book by" date, and what the deposit is for your guests to secure the rate. All these are common questions and need to be asked- don't be shy! Plus you may have incentives available to you- you don't want to miss out on those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
    • 284 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Great info....I was wondering the same thing!

#9 LiannaBanana

LiannaBanana
    • 154 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Ask away!  That's what they are there for!  The date they give you to book by is usually the one you have to put your down payment on to save that date. Then they will block off seats and rooms for you.  Our travel agent got 30 seats/15 rooms held for us for 3 months. After the 30 seats were booked, we got an additional 10 seats.  Our guests have to put their deposit down before the 3 months is up and the balance paid 45 days before departure. 

#10 pddcmc

pddcmc
    • 610 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
    • LocationColorado

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Ask away!  That's what they are there for!  The date they give you to book by is usually the one you have to put your down payment on to save that date. Then they will block off seats and rooms for you.  Our travel agent got 30 seats/15 rooms held for us for 3 months. After the 30 seats were booked, we got an additional 10 seats.  Our guests have to put their deposit down before the 3 months is up and the balance paid 45 days before departure. 

Do the bride and groom have to put anything down to save the blocked rooms? I don't quite understand how that works, do you? Thanks!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users