Need To Vent - Bachelorette & Bridal Shower!

Thanks ladies.... you've all made me feel much better!

I have already contacted a local bar to make a reservation.  My Mom, my friend, and I will plan this together!  If my sister decides to participate, then great!  If not, oh well!

@@acw271011 I absolutely would ditch my MOH, however since I'm having a destination wedding, my choices for MOH are SO limited!  My guest count is 24.  My close friend who's helping me plan my stagette can't come to my wedding, otherwise she would definitely be the MOH.

• Like 1

How would your sister react if you threatened to ditch her? sometimes selfish people just don't clue in to what they're doing, and need to be reminded. when you do, it can make them see a little bit of how what they're doing upsets other people. Worth a shot? I hope it all works out for you!

@@MrsSheppardToBe - Definitely plan your own bachelorette w/ your close friend and maybe get your mom to host your shower! I don't think there are any rules about who hosts the shower, and mothers actually often do! I'm the organizer in my circle of friends and I already know I will be doing a lot of the planning for my bach (they are used to me organizing everything!).

I'd just ditch the MOH completely. lol Sorry. I'f you have a good friend that's willing to help plan, ask her if she also wants to be MOH....

Family really sucks sometimes!

Haha isn't this the truth! I deliberately didn't ask either of my sisters to be in my bridal party because I knew it'd be way too much of a headache! As it is, my sister is the one stressing me out the most so far about the wedding constantly complaining about the prices and telling me that she is going to book on Expedia instead!

Edited by tygrrlily

How would your sister react if you threatened to ditch her? sometimes selfish people just don't clue in to what they're doing, and need to be reminded. when you do, it can make them see a little bit of how what they're doing upsets other people. Worth a shot? I hope it all works out for you!

I know!!  I've already told her that when it's her turn to be a bride, I'll be happy to plan her events for her, just like any MOH would be!  It should be an honor to be selected as someone's MOH.  But if my sister completely leaves me hanging on this and makes me plan everything myself - GOOD LUCK in even getting me to attend her wedding, let alone be in the bridal party.

Anyways, my Mom and sister are coming with me to my final fitting tonight.  My mom said she will bring it up to her "one more time"... she's brought it up to her like 50x already.  Anyways, we'll see what comes of this.  My mom and I already have an idea of where the stagette will be, we just need to make the reservations and invite everyone.  It should come together quickly :)

Edited by MrsSheppardToBe
  • Like 2

lol it's a mom's job to try to prevent wars between siblings! I know.... I have 2 kids and 2 step kids but they're really all 4 of them mine! but sometimes it's a good thing they're all married and don't live at home anymore!! lol the 2 middle boys are completely insane, and the oldest and the youngest are the 2 serious ones. it definitely does make life interesting!

I'm always sorry for anyone that gets their wedding messed up like this, especially when you're young. I'm old now so things don't get to you quite the same. but families really can be a challenge sometimes!

good luck! and enjoy!!! if you don't let it get to you too badly, it really will all turn out in the end!

• Like 1

Family can be a challenge! Luckily I don't have sisters, just two brothers but believe me that's no picnic sometimes either. I have one brother who claims he can't go to my wedding because he doesn't like heat! I know he's just saying that to upset me. I really stressed about it at first but I've let it go and maybe he'll go and maybe he won't nothing I can do about it. No matter what happens it's important not to hold a grudge...you will hurt yourself the most.

I recently planned my friends bachelorette even though I was wasn't the moh just the bridesmaid. I just took control started planning it, the moh was her mom and she was glad I took over.

I don't think I'm having a Moh, I haven't even asked people to be bridesmaids yet but two of my friends have already started planning my bachelorette.

I think your party will come together no matter who plans it. I hope you enjoy every minute of it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have your friend plan with your contribution of what you want to do or don't want to do. Then tell your sister the date, time and main details. Inform her that if she has time and would like to participate and contribute to contact your friend to coordinate and see what she needs help with.

• Like 1

Alright ladies.... here's where everything stands:

Last night was my final fitting... my sister had me crying on the way to the bridal salon because she was upset that I picked an "inconvenient" date for my stagette (sorry, we're only 3 weeks away so I'm out of options).

However - when I got home from work, my close friend called me saying that she's sorry she can't attend my wedding (due to costs, I understand) but she wants to plan my stagette as a gift to me.  I was so happy but once I told my sister that my friend wants to be a part of it she said "great let her do the whole thing... one less thing off my plate".  Yes, that's extremely rude but I'm not going to let her win and let that bother me.  I have 2 close friends and my mom who are on my side and are going to plan the best bachelorette party for me!  I've even been asked to be deleted off the facebook event so that the details will be a surprise for me!

SO HAPPY :)

• Like 3