12 replies to this topic

#1 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
  • 128 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry but I really need to vent right now. I feel that this site is a safe place for me to do this since we're all brides here and we're all on the same emotional rollercoaster. I'm leaving for my wedding on June 1st, and am getting married at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Mexico on June 5th. I have been engaged for almost 1.5 years now, and my sister is my MOH. Since I've been engaged for a while now, obviously we've had some talks about my stagette and bridal shower. It's now almost MAY and nothing has been planned yet! And no, she is not planning to surprise me with these parties. I am 100% sure that she's not planning ANYTHING for me. I've been looking forward to my bachelorette party and bridal shower for so long now. My Mom is talking about just planning the parties herself, with the help of one of my friends. But before she starts planning my parties, she wants to give my sister one last chance to get the ball rolling herself. And FYI - she's been given like 5 "one last chances". It's very obvious that she doesn't want to plan these events. She just planned her own little housewarming party even though she moved into her place like 4 months ago. She's always posting pics on Instagram of her partying and her little "wine wednesdays", "thirsty thursdays", etc. She always says she's busy but she's always out having fun and partying!!! Even she was planning her housewarming, anytime my wedding was brought up in conversation she would say "how can I even think of Jenna's wedding stuff when I have a big housewarming party to plan?" I'm sorry to sound like a bridezilla and and I definitely don't mean to sound like the world revolves around me.... BUT, considering I have been engaged for 18 months and my sister ASKED ME to be the MOH, shouldn't something be planned by now? I don't know if any other brides can relate but I am very stressed about this. I would have planned this all myself but everyone told me that the bride needs to stay out of this and let the bridal party plan this for me. This just makes me feel unimportant and like nobody cares. I know lots of brides who have had big surprise parties planned for them and had a great time. It just sucks that my own sister doesn't care about my wedding or me enough to put an ounce of effort into her role as MOH. Sorry for the rant, everyone. I just felt like this message board would be the only place where I can talk about this without people thinking I'm nuts. I feel like I can't even talk to my sister about it because she would just get offended and pull herself out of the wedding altogether, which I definitely don't want because my wedding is so close!

Edited by MrsSheppardToBe, 25 April 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#2 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Do you think your mom can talk to her? Or has that already been done?

#3 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

beyond talking. See her other post

#4 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

I didn't realize this was the same as the other hehe

#5 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

I think your feelings are TOTALLY valid, and I would be upset, too. I'd just ask your mom or someone else to take care of it. If your MOH gets upset or offended, she should think about how she offended you by not planning anything. I mean, hello, that is one of the MOH duties...

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#6 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
  • 128 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Another update: My sister and I talked things over (without fighting, yay us!) and she's decided that she'll be happy to help my mom plan my bridal shower. Two close friends are planning my stagette, and they're really excited about it since they can't afford to come to Mexico.  All is well :)

#7 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

That's great! I am happy to hear things got figured out. Have fun & be careful (when it comes)!!!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#9 keezy

keezy
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Glad you get to enjoy yourself and with your Mom planning at least you know things will get done:)

#10 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm glad it all worked out for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users