pamelas21
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamacia
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hi everyone!

Has anyone used Helen G Events lately??

I'm 6 months away from my wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica and starting to think I can't do this alone!

I really like her portfolio on Facebook and Pinterest.

Can anyone out there give me a recent experience review with her??

Thanks!

Happy planning future brides!

xo Pam

Happy Planning Future Brides!

Love, Mrs. Gedney! <3

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I just have to say one thing.. of course you can do it alone!!!!!

You can always ask here for advice if you need it. And there are other brides using the same resort that you are so I'm sure they would be helpful. I'm a Jamaica bride too, and spent quite a bit of time on the resort site that we used.

I'm sure you could get some help here. I did look at Helen G in the very, very beginning but realized that it wasn't as bad as I thought so didn't bother. In the end we were only the two of us so it wasn't a big deal.

Just thinking maybe it's an expense that can be saved?

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 pamelas21

pamelas21
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamacia
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'm just freaking out because there's an issue with my date at the Royalton White Sands!

It's a long story and I'll post it on the forum once everything's worked out - guess I'm just scared that it won't come together!

Thanks for the uplifting message though! <3

Happy Planning Future Brides!

Love, Mrs. Gedney! <3

#4 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

I totally agree with the previous post, you can totally manage the planning alone. We thought we would need help in the beginning, but, once we got looking on this forum and read reviews from other brides, we decided to go at it alone. Its definitely an expense that can be spared!! Hope you're issue with the resort gets sorted!! I don't think any wedding planning goes 100% smoothly!! :-) :-)

#5 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm just freaking out because there's an issue with my date at the Royalton White Sands!

It's a long story and I'll post it on the forum once everything's worked out - guess I'm just scared that it won't come together!

Thanks for the uplifting message though! <3

Lol - breathe!!! I had the same thing happen. Every time I tried to get a date, they would say it's available , then when I would confirm it by email they would say, no it's already booked!!!  This was after our original date fell apart completely because all of our guests backed out!! Including the best man and MOH!!

I know the RWS is a new resort, but just remember, these resorts make a living at doing destination weddings. Even though the pace of life in Jamaica is completely different, they still are professionals and know what they're doing. I promise it will all work out! Some deep breathing and a little bit of patience! The other thing I invested in was an international phone card! It cost $10 and it let me phone Jamaica and actually talk to one of our wedding coordinators. It puts your mind at ease when you get to talk to a live person, and it will let you confirm what you have sent in emails.

It will all come together! Honest!! And if you need help you can ask here! Happy planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wedding Coordinators, Wedding Coordinators, wedding planner montego bay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users