#31 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

hi kmk2016,

That sounds like a good idea. I would be up for that for sure. Should be good because then we both can have a non-biased opinion. haha I have an appointment booked at David's Bridal on May 10th at 9:30 in the morning. I know it's early but I wanted to get that one done first thing. I want to make other appointments but still trying to figure out where else to go for that day. I am a 2 hour drive away from Edmonton so I kind of want to hit the road and head back home before dark.

@kmk2016

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#32 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

@pddcmc

I know how you feel. I am the same way. I am looking for something that will hopefully make my big hips not look so big..haha

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#33 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Is there anyway you can "bring" a family  member via FaceTime or Skype???  My FI and I are long distance and we talk on FaceTime every day.  It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing...???

#34 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

oooh @kellisbaby that's a pretty good idea. I haven't thought of that. Maybe facetime can be a good idea. I will try that if not I am happy now going myself. I have gone to a few stores now and it's not that bad at all.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#35 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

@kcole123  I'm so glad going alone is okay.  Ugh, I am so indecisive, I needed my mom there.  hehe.  Although, I made a decision pretty quickly.  I only went to 1 store and tried on six dresses before finding "the one".

#36 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

wow @kellisbaby you were quick to find something. I went to some shops but they all seemed pretty small and I tried on dresses that I would have never have picked from a book or something but considering how everyone was telling me to keep an open mind, that's what I did. Still no luck yet but I feel I will find something soon. I still have tons of time and I am glad I am looking now.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#37 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

@kcole123  I found the idea of buying/trying on dresses so overwhelming that I was probably a little quick to make a decision.  PLUS, I was visiting my mom in another state.  I had kind of hoped that if I found a dress with her, she'd buy it for me.  (AND SHE DID!)  So time was of the essence.

But I love, love, love my dress.  Unfortunately, the store didn't have my absolute favorite dress in stock (it was a Melissa Sweet).  LUCKILY, I had also picked a similar style in my website account favorites that I tried on (last) and LOVED.  It really is crazy similar to the Melissa Sweet dress, but with a tad less embellishment. (Tho, it was also $150 cheaper AND on sale!)

I teared up and had the whole "bridal" moment.  It was awesome.  (Especially since I'm not really that much of a girly girl and really worried that I wouldn't have the dress moment.)

#38 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

@kcole123 - I was thinking that I could wear spanx... Later, I saw someone post that very thing, but then someone else mentioned hot one would be in spanx... there goes that great idea lol

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#39 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

@pddcmc

yeah I didn't like the idea of the spanx. I find it soooo uncomfortable and I don't want it to be that uncomfortable for me. We will surely find something and no spanx will be needed.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#40 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

@kcole123 - we still have plenty of time too... I just need to keep that in mind. 

I can be very type "a" and if something doesn't go as planned or how I imagined it, I get disappointed and sort of "shut down".. I know, I'm a hot mess. lol

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users