Maybe you should go w paradisus then since you are on a time crunch? Seems like most of the planning happens once you get to the resort though so maybe it doesn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Yes the panic is starting to set in. I've been waiting for someone to contact me from Karisma. Still nothing. 

Looks like I'm going to have to switch hotels. Nothing is booked yet. The Paradisus has been been great, and by great, I mean responding to my emails! ;)

Paradisus is a beautiful hotel. You can't go wrong with them:)

Congrats and good luck with the short planning. Keep us posted on all the details and of course your wedding dress shopping.

Hi. I booked my date a year in advance by directly contacting the hotel as you are doing. Then I contacted Travel Agents to get group rates after the fact. I too had narrowed down the search- 3 hotels in fact, just in case I had problems. I had one hotel that never returned any of my 4 emails so I crossed them off the list. Have you tried calling the hotel's wedding planner? I actually had to called and I spoke briefly to her. I got my date booked and she emailed me necessary info afterwards.  

It's extreme but if you really want that spot, you may have to do that first. As I was told, wedding planners are not sitting at a desk all day and are on the grounds a lot of the time. A phone call will get their attention as they receive many emails daily. Then you should email as this is the best way to correspond with them. Once I spoke with her about my date, I have had no problems with email correspondence since.

Good Luck & Congrats!

• Like 1

how exciting! good luck and best wishes!

Congrats! And happy planning!

@@LillCee We actually just shot a wedding at Paradisus yesterday. :)

ADVICE if you would like a professional photographer... be sure to talk to the hotel's wedding coordinator about having an outside professional photographer & how much the fee will be BEFORE booking. Also get the quote in writing. Our couple did this and had no problem.

Happy planning!!!

So I'm still waiting on some group rates for the Paradisus. I have now switched gears and love this hotel. The reviews seem to be great and I like that it's pretty new. I don't want to have to call, just to get your attention. I sent numerous emails to Karisma. 

I went dress shopping yesterday. Went to 2 bridal salons. I think I found my dress!!!!! It's gorgeous, within my budget and most importantly I can get it on time!!! I'm still going to check out a couple more tomorrow, just to me 

I may not have a wedding venue, but I'm about to say yes to the dress! haha.