Just Back From Cancun And Married

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mark82

mark82
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Hi All,

well that's my and my fiancee officially married. we got married on 12th april 2014 at Riu caribe hotel in Cancun.

must say after the year or so of stressing and making preparations the day went as well as we could have hoped. for anyone panicing all i can say is enjoy yourself, your wedding day comes and goes so quickly you will wonder why you were stressing out so much in the lead up.

We were lucky in that it started to rain 2 hours before cerimony and it was looking like we were heading for an indoors wedding, i was gutted as we went away to get married in the sun, but fortunately the sun came out to play in time and we had an amazing wedding day.

i special thanks has to go to the wedding co-ordinator on the day, Veronica, who made sure we were informed throughout the day what was happening and really left everything to the last minute before deciding not to bring everything indoors.

if anyone has any questions that i could possible help with then i am more than willing to offer any advise that i can.

i hope for those of you that are still planning that everything is going well and you all have a good a day as we did.

Mark

#2 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
    • 831 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Congrats on your wedding! Glad everything went well and the sun came out! It's nice of you to come back and post an update

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#3 Pablou

Pablou
    • 205 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

@mark82. That's great you had a gd time. Also that the weather was gd too. That's the main thing I'm stressing about is the weather. I'll b so gutted if it rains as u go away for the nice weather. Just wondering did u have beach wedding? I am getting married to hotel next to yours riu palace peninsula next April. Can't wait. Did u happen to see any weddings over there while you where away. Thanks and congrats

#4 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Congrats! If you have time to do a full review on the review site, it would definitely be helpful for future brides!

Happy to hear all went well!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#5 LissaSou

LissaSou
      • 174 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Congratulations on your wedding! Glad to hear the sun cooperated :)

#6 malyna

malyna
      • 346 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
      • 176 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Congrats :)

#8 pddcmc

pddcmc
      • 610 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
      • LocationColorado

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Congratulations!!!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#9 mark82

mark82
      • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

@mark82. That's great you had a gd time. Also that the weather was gd too. That's the main thing I'm stressing about is the weather. I'll b so gutted if it rains as u go away for the nice weather. Just wondering did u have beach wedding? I am getting married to hotel next to yours riu palace peninsula next April. Can't wait. Did u happen to see any weddings over there while you where away. Thanks and congrats

i didnt see any weddings over in the Riu palace tho it does look like a very nice hotel tho.

we were very lucky, our wedding was at 4pm and it was raining heavily at around 2.30. i had a lot of calls from the wedding co-ordinator trying to decide what to do. she was great though and held off until the last minute to see if the weather would pick up, thankfully it did so we were fine.

we had the option of an actual beach wedding but my fiancee (now wife) wasnt keen on trying to walk down the beach in heels so we had it at a gazebo type thing that looked onto the beach.

#10 Pablou

Pablou
        • 205 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

That's great it all worked out well. That's what I'm kinda worrying bout. You don't hear many weddings were I am going. Bit stressed bout this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users