686 replies to this topic

#681 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Has anyone gone outside of the resort for flowers? Maybe picked them up from a vendor at a meeting place or gone to a store and picked up flowers to bring into the resort? I want to know how this would work for with the resort and setting things up.

57 Guest

#682 SLYbean

SLYbean
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hi ladies! Can anyone recommend how to handle the timing for STD/invitations? I sent out the STDs a year in advance, but the room block cancellation policy has me stumped with when to send out the invitations! So complicated! Looking forward to any advice you may have.

#683 landryfrost

landryfrost
    • 8 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationDreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Hi ladies! Can anyone recommend how to handle the timing for STD/invitations? I sent out the STDs a year in advance, but the room block cancellation policy has me stumped with when to send out the invitations! So complicated! Looking forward to any advice you may have.

Hi! I was married this past June and we sent our invites out in January, so about 5 months ahead of time. :) Our STDs went out in early October.

#684 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

Hi! I was married this past June and we sent our invites out in January, so about 5 months ahead of time. :) Our STDs went out in early October.

I hope you'll come back and post a review and pics. It's always a help for future brides! Congrats on being a Mrs!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#685 landryfrost

landryfrost
    • 8 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationDreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

I hope you'll come back and post a review and pics. It's always a help for future brides! Congrats on being a Mrs!!

We had the absolute BEST experience. I wouldn't change a thing about our entire time at Dreams. It was the best time and everything we could have ever wanted. If anyone has any specific questions, I wouldn't mind helping out if I can! :)

AFM ANGEL 004
    Album: Wedding
    18 images
    0 comments

#686 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

If you are planning a wedding at DRC, this post will likely be one of the most helpful in visual inspiration for seeing all the possible angles and setups of this property.  I wanted to take some time to introduce some of our latest "Dreams Riviera Cancun" inspiration images.     I'm talking about a resource thousands and thousands of DRC images here.

We are constantly asked about venue shots, location setups, lighting setups... what does a wedding look like w/ a few guests, w/ a lot of guests, in the rain, on the beach, etc.   

Apart from that, DRC offers so many combinations for locations.  This post will pair them and if you had any doubts about anything location related, fear no longer ;)  

Hope this helps, here are a few (there are 50+) Wow images in the BLOG post, and links to 15+ weddings....

Dreams-Riviera-Cancun_V_ST_0031.jpg

Dreams-Riviera-Cancun-Wedding_CM_0032.jp

Angie+Jeffrey_W_SS_0120.jpg

Destination-Wedding-Dreams-Riviera-Cancu

Taren+Collin_W_SS_0083.jpg

Destination-Wedding-Dreams-Riviera-Cancu

Follow this link to see more about the hotel: http://delsolphotogr... availability) 

Edited by Matt Adcock, 17 September 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#687 tlwarren

tlwarren
      • 6 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 24, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
      • LocationColorado

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Has anyone gone outside of the resort for flowers? Maybe picked them up from a vendor at a meeting place or gone to a store and picked up flowers to bring into the resort? I want to know how this would work for with the resort and setting things up.

I don't know if you've found an answer to this question, but I just ordered my bridesmaids bouquets on Etsy. The resort was going to charge $85-100 each! Here is the link to the ones I ordered, but there are a lot out there to choose from. My cousin used silk flowers in her destination wedding a few years ago; no one could tell and they looked fine in pictures. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users