686 replies to this topic

#521 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

@phdtck1 I am still up working on the tags lol. I think I'm gonna say something simple like "Shake for the newlyweds' send off!" Unless you girls know of something more creative? And I'm not having table numbers. I may print off a chart though to show people where they are sitting. Also for a cheaper option, I ordered tumblers from dollar tree for $1 each

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#522 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

@phdtck1 I am still up working on the tags lol. I think I'm gonna say something simple like "Shake for the newlyweds' send off!" Unless you girls know of something more creative? And I'm not having table numbers. I may print off a chart though to show people where they are sitting. Also for a cheaper option, I ordered tumblers from dollar tree for $1 each

The table numbers ended up being a waste.. The wind picked up a bit at night, so they laid all of my down flat on the table... so I spent money on frames and time on designing the numbers for nothing.. oh well

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#523 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

The other thing with Amols is they'll ship maracas. Mexican Maracas won't . They were insistent on shipping to my resort which a lot of resorts don't allow you to do. I let it go and said no thanks.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#524 phdtck1

phdtck1
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

@pddcmc oh no! the wind picked up and blew things down?! That is my worst nightmare!! I envision tons of candles on the tables and would be so upset if the fires blows out.  I will be up having bad dreams tonight...sigh.

#525 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

@pddcmc oh no! the wind picked up and blew things down?! That is my worst nightmare!! I envision tons of candles on the tables and would be so upset if the fires blows out.  I will be up having bad dreams tonight...sigh.

I don't know if that actually happened, or if they laid mine down as precautionary. They did not allow candles on my night...they had little electric ones

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#526 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

@pddcmc im confused as to why they wouldnt allow candles? im bringing tea light votive candles and also rented tall vases for floating candles at the resort. like a major part of my centerpieces........................ 

did you and your fiance now HUSBAND :) take a lot of pesos down? I'm trying to decide how much to bring......just need some for when we go out maybe and our excursiions

#527 Lbrennan0

Lbrennan0
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 19, 2015
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

@pddcmc So glad you had a wonderful day! Did you do the tequila shots as place cards? Was there and extra cost/ any problems with it?

68 Guests! 

My Planning Thread

#528 Sheaka

Sheaka
  • 68 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Gazebo
  • LocationTampa, Fla.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

@smileitseb I am having lanterns at the wedding ceremony and was told that the candles inside couldn't be lit only in the ballroom, which is where we are having our reception.

#529 phdtck1

phdtck1
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

@Sheaka what??!! So I need to reach out to the coordinator. I am just not at my 3 month mark yet to start officially planning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#530 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

@Sheaka lol well thats not what i was told nor what i was charged for. im having my reception on the deck and she charged me for floating candles and she knows im bringing my votive candles!

Edited by smileitseb, 27 April 2015 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users