Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

It's crazy how quickly costs add up.

#192 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

@smileitseb I put all pictures/inspiration in the wedding planning form that you send in 3-4months before the wedding. Claudia and I went back and forth about 6-7 times over the course of 2 months with the form. I sent in pics of maid of honor dress, fiancé's suit, color boards, table set ups, flowers, etc.

Now that we are under 3 weeks from wedding day (and I leave in 15 days omg), I emailed claudia yesterday with some last minute things before our final meeting that will take place a few days before the day. Our guitarist is really bad about emails and never confirmed nor acknowledged our song requests so I asked her to follow up with him. Also let her know what time the videograoher and styling trio are arriving (finalized plans with them this past weekend). And I also made the final list of to-do's that I'll be bringing with me. I'm being super detailed so I don't forget anything-even writing down photo ideas for the photographer, items to bring to the final meeting, and things to follow up on (eg scheduling included turn down service/bfast in bed, massages, etc).

Going to work everyday is torture you guys lol I just want to be there!!! :-)

Edited by nattiegams325, 03 February 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#193 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

@smileitseb I put all pictures/inspiration in the wedding planning form that you send in 3-4months before the wedding. Claudia and I went back and forth about 6-7 times over the course of 2 months with the form. I sent in pics of maid of honor dress, fiancé's suit, color boards, table set ups, flowers, etc.

Now that we are under 3 weeks from wedding day (and I leave in 15 days omg), I emailed claudia yesterday with some last minute things before our final meeting that will take place a few days before the day. Our guitarist is really bad about emails and never confirmed nor acknowledged our song requests so I asked her to follow up with him. Also let her know what time the videograoher and styling trio are arriving (finalized plans with them this past weekend). And I also made the final list of to-do's that I'll be bringing with me. I'm being super detailed so I don't forget anything-even writing down photo ideas for the photographer, items to bring to the final meeting, and things to follow up on (eg scheduling included turn down service/bfast in bed, massages, etc).

Going to work everyday is torture you guys lol I just want to be there!!! :-)

YAY!! so close.

Your being organized is really fantastic.  I think fiance thought I was nuts with all I was doing, but it sure made being in Mexico more relaxed that everything was taken care of and everything was organized.   I even went as far as to buy large zip lock bags that fit decor - I had one for each table and listed the contents and how I wanted them placed hahah. People laughed but whatever, it made the WC know what I wanted much more easily and kept my things organized.

Doing a list for the photographer or a designated friend is a VERY good idea.  I didn't actually do this until 11pm the night before the wedding based on my photographers recommendation when I met with her that day.  I made a list of all the family and group shots I wanted and gave it to my MC.  He was awesome at making sure people knew to stick around, he would call out for certain people and/or families to come get pictures done and it made everything go so smoothly and quickly. It may have been a mess otherwise because you are in your own little world and can't make decisions like that on the fly!!!

Enjoy! can't wait to hear all about it.

ps - enjoy these last days... it goes way to quickly and now I wish I was still in the 'waiting' phase as I want to relive that day over and over.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 03 February 2015 - 06:39 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#194 pddcmc

pddcmc
    • 610 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
    • LocationColorado

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Tammy posted the menus in "Dreams Riviera Cancun Banquet Menu"

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#195 TauniaS

TauniaS
    • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

Just got married on Jan 29th at Dreams Riviera Cancun. ...any questions?

#196 smileitseb

smileitseb
      • 310 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
      • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

@TauniaS Yes! congratulations first of all :) Do you have pictures?? Where did you get married? Where was your cocktail hour? Where was your reception? Did you have a welcome reception/rehearsal dinner? Who was your coordinator? 

Anything you can share will be a great help!!

58 guests plus bride and groom
      Ceremony: Gazebo
      Reception: Pool Deck

#197 Dec2015

Dec2015
      • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

@TauniaS ... Congratulations! How was weather when you were there. Did you feel nickel and dime while there? Did you feel the overall setup with your ceremony and reception ran smoothly? Which photographer did you use? Any items as you think back you could of did without?

#198 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
        • 228 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

@TauniaS pretty much tell us everything! Haha :-)

#199 Dec2015

Dec2015
        • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

@TauniaS pretty much tell us everything! Haha :-)

Haha!

#200 ChicVivi

ChicVivi
          • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Hi brides! Does anyone know what the fee is to use an outside vendor? For example an outside photographer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users