Dreams Riviera Cancun 2015 Brides

@@fhk815 thank you so much! I don't mind questions at all, I remember how much I wanted someone to answer all of mine ! I really loved all the appetizers at the cocktail party other than the paninis. It was a lot of wind during our ceremony! Very breezy. My favorite restaurant was the Italian one but I was there from Thursday to Monday and ate Italian Thursday night, just my appetizers Friday night and some room service later that night, Mexican restaurant Saturday night, wedding food Sunday night. So I'm not sure if I have a lot of insight into what was the best restaurant ha. But loved the food by the pool during the day! Oh and world cafe for bfast was yummy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@smileitseb I love the idea of the long tables with individual seating assignments and I was wondering. Did you make a seating chart and give it to the resort when they set it up? How did that work? Also was it awkward with the guests looking for their seats? Did you do something like table one: table 2 and then they looked for a seat? Thanks for the amazing review. Also who did your video? I have been meaning to book a videographer.

• Like 1

@@SchroederWedding2015 yes i gave the seating chart to my coordinator and she set it up exactly like i wanted. and i dont know if it was awkward but everyone was able to find their seats lol....i didnt direct any of them to a particular table. they got there about 6:50...found their seats before we came in.

our videographer was digital cinema

Smileiteb

Thank you for this thread discussion.

I referenced you all for my wedding at Royal Sands when I got married on this past May 30!!

Everything turned out great. So many guest have never been to Mexico.

We had 66 guest coming from Colombia the country, I'm originally from Colombia and grew up in NJ right next to NYC, from Portland, OR, La Jolla, CA, Richmond, VA, Austin, TX, NJ, MD, and NY.

Here is my only tips to those brides to be.

1. Enjoy every minute

2. Take lots of videos and pictures.

3. If you have a train on your dress do a practice bustle pick up with your bridesmaid. If possible get a highlighter and color code the strings or buttons.

4. Make a list of the picture must haves for your photographer.

5. If not too emotional, do a practice dance to your chosen slow dance.

6. Create a hashtag for all your friends to post their pics.

I did the welcome bags, maracas, bottle opener flavors with our name n date on it, oot bags filled with our company store stuff he wks at Colgate and I wk at Mondēlez international .

Mpt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Has anyone used a friend/family member as their photographer? I have a cousin who is a professional photographer that I want to use because it would still be cheaper to pay for her flight and room than pay for one of the premium packages. Surely they won't consider her an outside vendor if she's a guest of the resort?

@@Lbrennan0 i can email it to you, whats your email?

@@tlwarren as long as they stay at the resort for 3 nights, they are considered a guest and you do not have to pay the outside vendor fee

Can you please send it to me also?  Bfranz1122@@gmail.com.

@@smileitseb your posts have been SO helpful in my wedding planning.  Your wedding was absolutely beautiful!!

I have some questions to ask if you wouldn't mind.

1. Do you have a template for your welcome letters (meet the guests) LOVE them!

2. On your survival guide you mentioned the dreams app or viber app.  Are these free?  How do they work? 

3. How did you pay your final payment for the wedding?  Do I just use the same credit card I used for the deposit?  Is there a guide on how much cash to take for tips, etc?  Did you find it easier to just take US $$

4. I am doing the Caribbean buffet and noticed a lot of items you had are on my list.  How was the food?

5. Do you have a list of songs you used? Ceremony and reception?

Thank you again for all your help!!  I leave for DRC in 4 days and am married in 7!!!  Ekkkk  So nervous.

• Like 1

@@be1122 thank you very much!

1. Do you have a template for your welcome letters (meet the guests) LOVE them! no, we just freestyled them in adobe illustrator, didnt save any template 

2. On your survival guide you mentioned the dreams app or viber app.  Are these free?  How do they work? they are free, if you look in the apple store, it gives you a description of how they work....but most of my fam/friends have iphones so we just connected to drc's wifi and imessaged 

3. How did you pay your final payment for the wedding? with my debit card  Do I just use the same credit card I used for the deposit?  i didnt use the same credit card because the limit wasn't as high as i needed it to be lol. but im glad we have no debt from the wedding ! Is there a guide on how much cash to take for tips, etc?  not sure if there is an official guide Did you find it easier to just take US $$ i was in mexico for 10 days (wedding and honeymoon, and didnt exchange usd for pesos, didnt need them)

4. I am doing the Caribbean buffet and noticed a lot of items you had are on my list.  How was the food? it was great

5. Do you have a list of songs you used? Ceremony and reception? its saved in my spotify. you can try to follow me on there to see the list. user name ybques3